Did LG accidentally load 3.1 on this trash???

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Something is definitely wrong here..I went to Dev options and it was on ART..I then changed it to Dalvik and it didn't go through app optimization. I then set it back to ART since that's how it was set and then it went through optimization. Strange!
This is odd since ART isn't official yet. I'm guessing someone messed up. Easy enough to remedy though, just disable it. You'll have to sit and wait for your apps to recompile back to dalvik so I would uninstall all your 3rd party apps first.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having any of the issues with my G3 that others are reporting (headphone jack, overheating, Bluetooth, etc) but this thing is so slow to load webpages or emails! I did a speed test and I'm getting about 14 down and 6 up! My iPhone can do 44 and 15 (AT&T, btw) I knew there might be a trade-off for the high res screen but that's unacceptable. I May have to return it for that reason.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you should buy the international 2/16 variant as it has no overheating, auxiliary, Bluetooth, screen,email or any other that has been posted.

Call me a liar and I say I don't believe you as I'm using it and its fine.

Posted via Android Central App

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having any of the issues with my G3 that others are reporting (headphone jack, overheating, Bluetooth, etc) but this thing is so slow to load webpages or emails! I did a speed test and I'm getting about 14 down and 6 up! My iPhone can do 44 and 15 (AT&T, btw) I knew there might be a trade-off for the high res screen but that's unacceptable. I May have to return it for that reason.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I also have no issues except chrome is slow to load webpages not noticing a email issue. Anyone having luck with a different browser?

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
This and other posts/threads kind of reminds me of purchasing PC laptops. Every new model year you get to play a roulette game of which OEM has launch issues. I almost find myself wondering why I thought it was more prudent to go Apple for laptops but not for mobile.

Oh yes, I did just go there 😁😛

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
This and other posts/threads kind of reminds me of purchasing PC laptops. Every new model year you get to play a roulette game of which OEM has launch issues. I almost find myself wondering why I thought it was more prudent to go Apple for laptops but not for mobile.

Oh yes, I did just go there ????????????
Wow! You just went there. You are a brave soul I will give you that.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Oh yes, I did just go there 😁😛
Wow! You just went there. You are a brave soul I will give you that.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Oh yes, I did just go there ????????????

I took a trip back to Apple because of issues like these. I came back because I couldn't stand the size of the iPhone screen. What will I do when the iPhone 6 is released? We'll see...

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Just a tip for you folks who are having issues with a bad batch. I learned this the hard way after having to return my N7 4 times before getting one I was willing to keep. This is delving into lucky rabbit's foot territory maybe but it's a theory I think has some merit.

I don't think anyone disagrees that there's such a thing as defective units. My theory is that defective units are sold in batches because they're likely manufactured, packaged, and shipped on the same batch from the same factory on the same day. Therefore if you return it to the same store, you just get more of the same batch. Try saving yourself what I went through and return it for full refund and buy from another location. Phones are trickier than tablets though because there's a very good possibility that the delivery truck hit all that carrier's stores in that area the same day.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. I wouldn't call people liars. My phone is almost perfect. Sorry yours seems to be a lemon. For the others. In regards to ART on the Verizon models. Is it on be default. I haven't checked. Does enabling developer settings mess up getting a update or is that only if you root the device.

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I took a trip back to Apple because of issues like these. I came back because I couldn't stand the size of the iPhone screen. What will I do when the iPhone 6 is released? We'll see...
Yeah kinda on the fence this year. Family has a 5s and mini retina in the house so I get to compare a lot. Mini is knocking the crap out of my own N7 in terms of being totally hassle free and edges it out in performance. I do so love android features and capabilities though. I've never used an apple mobile device as my own yet, so I may pick up the 6 just for the heck of it this fall. Waiting for it and the Sony Z3 to drop before I decide.

jrb7561

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, it sounds like somebody messed with your phone before you got it. As far as I know, none of the carrier branded G3s should have ART on by default, also they also don't come with animations set to zero. They should say 1.0. (although personally I keep then at .5 to speed up the system slightly). Anyway those are huge red flags that someone messed with your settings. ART is very known to have issues with the G3. Not everyone but enough people are reporting problems. Change it back to Dalvik.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I promised to never go with Apple and have never used their products..However, I am tired of buying inferior products just because..I just might make that dive for the Apple.

Yeah kinda on the fence this year. Family has a 5s and mini retina in the house so I get to compare a lot. Mini is knocking the crap out of my own N7 in terms of being totally hassle free and edges it out in performance. I do so love android features and capabilities though. I've never used an apple mobile device as my own yet, so I may pick up the 6 just for the heck of it this fall. Waiting for it and the Sony Z3 to drop before I decide.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
ART is disabled by default on Verizon models.

It seems OP is suffering from a lot of issues directly related to ART. I would factory reset the phone now to save yourself from any future issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred