DINC or Samsung Fascinate

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I have both phones and trying to decide which phone to go with. PLease help forum mates. Which do you like and why. I have had DINC for 9 months and been happy but is the Fascinate better? Is Froyo 2.2 better since Fascinate is running 2.1.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Dinc in my opinion. The Samsuck has a nice screen, and good camera as does the Dinc, however HTC sense is a winner in my opinion, further more the snapdragon processor i feel is better than hummingbird. Overall performance is better on the Dinc and 2.2 is alot better than 2.1.

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i exchanged my fascinate for a DInc a few months ago. i've never been happier with a phone. the samsung in my opinion just felt really cheap in the hands, and i am really anal about that. personally i like a phone that feels like its solid with a little weight. the samsung felt like it was made out of cheap material. also the button placements on the phone were just weird. i love my DInc. i have it running CM7 and i LOVE it!

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
If you already have both phones, you are more educated on them then I am. I'm perfectly fine with my Incredible. I can upgrade on 3/24, but I'll have to see what MWC offers. It's a pretty solid device, except for the battery life (Juice Defender + 2250 mah) and I could hang onto it for a while still.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the Incredible. I have played with the Fascinate but in my opinion I prefer the Sense UI I love my Incredible. And you have both....the choice is yours.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
If the ONLY thing you care about is how the screen looks, go with the Sammy. If you want updates, a better feel, more powerful camera, easier to use, more customizable, faster phone... DInc all the way!

My wife has the Sammy. While not a bad phone, she is the opposite of a tech weinie and even she knows she is behind the curve rocking 2.1 with no update in sight.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The droid incredible is a really good phone, but the battery life is really bad, and the screens a little narrow for my taste. I like the fascinate's screen (super amoled is crazy), shape and size (4 inches vs the incredibles 3.7 inches i think), though the fascinate is very light weight, and feels like a piece of plastic. *edit: btw the incredible breaks open really easily when dropped, and i'm not a big fan of the red interior beneath the battery door, or the terminator industrial look of the battery door, for that matter, but that's a personal choice. and as far as the samsung goes it kind of looks like an ipod touch, since it's just a black slab.
The other downside to the fascinate is touchwiz, and bing, if you're not into those things, whereas the incredible comes with sense ui, which is popular, and google everything. However, if you're willing to root and customize your phone, you can change all these things to whatever you like.
Cameras are pretty much a tie (8 vs 5 mp not really an issue bc both take very nice pictures).
As for 2.2 vs 2.1, there are probably threads for that.
And what it really comes down to are which features/characteristics are the most important to you.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This thread is so biased not even funny. all this stuff is debatable. it also depends how you are going to use the phones, stock or modified...

if you are going stock to stock, then the only real non debatable thing is Froyo, Dinc has Froyo fascinate does not. everything is else is all subjective. it would be best to go to the store and feel the phones, look at the screens...

I for one like the larger screen and Rom'd my phone is def smoother then everyone else's in the office. And not having Froyo doesnt effect me . i dont need apps on my SD card because they respond faster from internal, i cant find a reason for flash, chrome to phone i never used on my DX the only thing i would maybe care for is JIT compiler but even that didnt sway my decision when i sold off my DX which had froyo.

So your best bet is to go play with the phones yourself, otherwise no matter what thread you open its all biased

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
yoou should have asked in general help asking in the DINC forum is gonna have an obvvious answer they are both good phones its personal opinion i own a dinc but for awhile i wanted a fascinate because of the nicer screen but i enjoy my droid incredible an 2.2 And 2.1 make a big difference if you arent going to flash any roms cuz touchwiz is garbage im sorry but its true

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yoou should have asked in general help asking in the DINC forum is gonna have an obvvious answer they are both good phones its personal opinion i own a dinc but for awhile i wanted a fascinate because of the nicer screen but i enjoy my droid incredible an 2.2 And 2.1 make a big difference if you arent going to flash any roms cuz touchwiz is garbage im sorry but its true

+1 agreed touchwiz isnt that great, sense is pretty nice, except i dont like the dock

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the DINC is made really well. I am careful though. It has dropped once but thank goodness on my carpet. I do have a snap on case and I also have an anti-glare screen protector on the screen. I don't think the thread is biased. It is a matter of choice. Look at reviews. And people do review them on the Verizon site as well. Both are popular. But I love the DINC

abc1234

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Fascinate,
To be honest i would love to trade my dinc in for a fascinate. Comparing battery life no question is the fascinate. Overall the fascinate beats the dinc in a speed test slighty and the fascinate has better material of what its made out of. the dinc has a cheap plasticy feeling to it and right out the box the right side of the battery door will squeek. The dinc is getting old and most likely will not be getting sense 2.0, so you will be on a lower version of sense.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I do like the Inc better, but I'm considering the Fascinate for a wifi device. Just load it up with a 32GB card full of movies and music, and use my Inc for everything else.

Of course, root them both! ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29