"Disabled by Administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage"

babybfreezy

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
So I literally just went through this and was playing with it forever. So I got on here and tried to follow the steps and none of that worked, so here's what I did:
Settings
Security
Theres a section that says Credential Storage in there is a spot that says clear credentials and when I did it opened it right back up. How it got put on there I don't know but I got it to let me have my swipe back and that's all I cared about lol

mikedotexe

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I cleared my credentials as mentioned above. Then went to Settings >> Fingerprint
Selected the "1 Registered Fingerprint"
Long press to select it.
Press the trash can to delete.

Then it automatically returned it to Swipe.

Alfie Fogg

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if this will help but I had the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S6 running android 5.1.1 lollipop so I went in the settings app, tapped the search button, typed credential and then clicked "clicked clear credentials"

That worked for me and hope it worked for you but if not then I'm sorry I couldn't help and good luck in finding a solution.

Alfie.

droidturbouser

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and called my provider's support number and was finally able to get it resolved. I was prompted to try a variety of actions and am not sure which finally triggered it so i'll outline everything.
1) Go to settings>security
2) Find "Clear Credentials" and select ok to clear credentials
3) Go back to security setting and find "Device Administrators" and clear (disable) all checked boxes.
4) POWER OFF PHONE! I had tried everything up to this point multiple times and it does not work!
5) Once powered on again go into the security setting and find "Clear Credentials" and once again clear
6) Go to "Screen Lock" and the options should be available once again

Like I said, you might be able to skip steps but I'm not sure. This worked for me and I hope it works for you too!
(I have a Droid Turbo)

timecek007

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I have LG G3 and after I updated to Android 6.0, knock code was grayed (disabled) - I find out, that this problem is raised by Email client - when you kick off Email client from Device Adminsitrators, you'll have knock code available again ...

If you want to use Email client, you have to forget on knock code - on Android 6.0 and LG email client (I'M not sure if this is LG's email client or buil in) isn't chance to use email client and knock code together...

Enjoy!

Rob Weir

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I'm running a g3 with marshmallow and recently encountered this issue.
I've followed the recommended steps all through this thread I believe, but likely have missed something.
I've cleared credentials, removed all checks from the admin privileges, there have never been any vpn's or device encryption. I have rebooted after clearing credentials and done it again. I was going to try and encrypt the device and then decrypt it however i get a notice saying that it is not reversible so have not tried it. any thoughts?

jollydee

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing this same issue on my new LG Stylo android phone.

From "General" to "Security" I can deactivate Phone Administrators, but there is no thing there giving me an option to "Clear Credentials". I continue to have greyed out No Security or Swipe to unlock the screen.

Is a Factory Restore the only option? And if so, I assume any contacts and apps I have added will be lost during the Restore? Right?

Thanks for a great conversation - I wish one of these options would work for me!

angela_michelle

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I am LG G2 user, if you are facing this problem. Follow below steps:

1. Go to Settings
2. Select Security which under "General" tab
3. Under Credential Storage -> Clear Credentials

then you will be able to see all the options which are under "Lock Screen".

Hope this helps you!!!

*** hi, I've got the LG STYLO, which I think might be in the same family as your phone. but I'm having this problem and I've done what you said plus everything else. I have activated and deactivated the device admins. I have cleared the credentials like you said, I have turned of smart lock(google) is what it says.. I've tried everything and no luck. :( I don't even remember doing anything.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
*** hi, I've got the LG STYLO, which I think might be in the same family as your phone. but I'm having this problem and I've done what you said plus everything else. I have activated and deactivated the device admins. I have cleared the credentials like you said, I have turned of smart lock(google) is what it says.. I've tried everything and no luck. :( I don't even remember doing anything.
Welcome to the forums. Have you considered backing up all your files and doing a factory reset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001