Do I have to log into my Samsung account on my new Galaxy phone ?

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
So I got a new galaxy phone today logged-in my google account. Everything contacts, pics, messages uploaded just fine and phone working good. Is there any downside of not using any of Samsung services cause I know they off offer backups options too and find phone if lost but I'm not interested in any that. Plus I'm not crazy having my data stored also with Samsung which I'm already doing with Google.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
If you don't want to, don't. You may miss out on some Galaxy store items but that's about it. Also Google has a phone finder as well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you have to do that! I did it with my S10 because I wanted to have the Samsung experience, but I don't think it's required while using a Samsung product.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I got a new galaxy phone today logged-in my google account. Everything contacts, pics, messages uploaded just fine and phone working good. Is there any downside of not using any of Samsung services cause I know they off offer backups options too and find phone if lost but I'm not interested in any that. Plus I'm not crazy having my data stored also with Samsung which I'm already doing with Google.
You don't have to use it but it offers better back up and worried about data they still get it no matter what , I've been using Samsung since the beginning and probably collect a good amount of data as well goggle and no nothing happened .

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app