Do u use a case?

alon zuaretz

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey, just wondering if anyone spoils the lg's good look with a case.. (just got a case today and realized how horrible it looks..)
Besides, how's the strength of the g3 without case? Does it survive low drops?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I use a book-style case, and the price paid for that protection is indeed that the G3's good looks are hidden. But some cases, like those linked by Gekko, are attractive. With that type I'd want to add a screen protector.

Posted via the Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been using a nilkin bumper and as awesome as it is I just love the nakedness.

I'm looking into slickwraps and carbon fiber tape. Just need some good corner protection.

Naked feels so much slimmer and natural versus any case imo

Microspeed

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a Otter Box Defender it does cover it up and that is disappointing. However it when I dropped it from the top of a 12 foot ladder it still works. So the case did serve it's purpose.

Mark Lyall1

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Use an otterbox defender for the G3.. Saves your phone and I find that it adds style to it that dont look half bad at all..

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Spigen slim armor, very minimal bulk and protection with nice look

I also have the Spigen in the 'Metal Slate' color...very nice. The edge is very minimal, but enough to protect through the five or six times I dropped it. I also have a tempered glass screen protector. Some of us have to hold onto our phones for two years, so I like to keep mine as clear of nicks and scuffs as possible. This case is a good combination of thin and protective.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I use the spigen ultra hybrid.

maxresdefault.jpg

Not my pic though, but the same case and phone.

srtristan

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had bad experiences with screens, I had a Nokia Lumia 900 that fell from about 2 inches high and the screen shred to pieces, the lcd kept working though. I also had a Galaxy S4 that had a 1milimiter crack caused by a coin, while my phone was in my jacket pocket, but this one cracked the lcd so bye bye S4. after that the very first thing I do after getting a phone is get a hard case and a screen protector, I do not care how ugly it may look and I also do not care if it has gorilla glass 1,2,3 or 100. my phones are getting a hard case, I dont mind that all of them look almost the same.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Nope, looks ugly. Tried it but couldn't do it. Dropped mine a couple of times and it survived unscathed. Just make sure you break its fall with your foot.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

Really happy with this case. Very minimal (barely noticible from the front) and I like the matte black look on the back with my Blue Steele bits peaking through. Above it all though the feel is just great. Very nice soft and grippy feel + the sides have grooves that make it even easier to hold onto. Without a case I always felt like I was going to drop my G3. TBH my reason for getting this case was to help avoid a drop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk