Do you ever buy a phone knowing you're not going to keep it?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It just settled in nicely and I'm loving it. It's a keeper for at least the next 3 years. Not sure what there is to dislike this phone, all positives as far as I'm concerned!
There are no negatives about it, that's for sure! What colour did you get?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
There are no negatives about it, that's for sure! What colour did you get?

I got the blue on Swappa, paid near half price for a phone that was used for about 3 hours. Came with charger too, all original plastic wrap on it, couldn't tell it had ever been out of the box. It's got a Spigen case on it now so I had to think about the blue LOL. It's about the size of my old S7, just a tad larger but more screen because of the thinner bezels. Love the finger print reader too, ultra fast, however the new update mucked that up pretty good, gonna have to delete and reset new finger prints.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got the blue on Swappa, paid near half price for a phone that was used for about 3 hours. Came with charger too, all original plastic wrap on it, couldn't tell it had ever been out of the box. It's got a Spigen case on it now so I had to think about the blue LOL. It's about the size of my old S7, just a tad larger but more screen because of the thinner bezels. Love the finger print reader too, ultra fast, however the new update mucked that up pretty good, gonna have to delete and reset new finger prints.
The blue is so gorgeous! So glad you are loving it! Hopefully your fingerprint scanner issues go away!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Heck, I even feel bad when returning something to Costco, despite their very generous return policy.
Very generous. Clearly being abused by many. Some of the returns I witnessed was just unbelievable. That's another topic. LOL

bonedatt

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I spend a lot of time researching a potential purchase. Something has to be wrong with it for me to send it back. The only phone I've not kept was my Nexus 6. I bought it to use on Project Fi, but it was just too big and wide. One phone I didn't intend to get for myself was the LG G8. LG screwed the V20 update so I wasn't looking to patronize them again, but then I upgraded my wife's G4 to the G8 (she loved her G4) , set it up for her, used it a little bit and before I knew it, I ordered one myself.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I spend a lot of time researching a potential purchase. Something has to be wrong with it for me to send it back. The only phone I've not kept was my Nexus 6. I bought it to use on Project Fi, but it was just too big and wide. One phone I didn't intend to get for myself was the LG G8. LG screwed the V20 update so I wasn't looking to patronize them again, but then I upgraded my wife's G4 to the G8 (she loved her G4) , set it up for her, used it a little bit and before I knew it, I ordered one myself.

The G8 is awesome! How are you finding the camera? :)

bonedatt

May 6, 2013
Visit site
The G8 is awesome! How are you finding the camera? :)

Honestly, I don't take a lot of pictures. I've played with manual controls on my G8 but only because I like testing out every feature on devices that I purchase. Pictures that I take look good to my untrained eyes. My biggest surprise from the G8 is battery life. I had this fear of not making it through the day because I was so used to having an extra swappable battery with me when I used my V20. So far, I'm satisfied with how long it last.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Honestly, I don't take a lot of pictures. I've played with manual controls on my G8 but only because I like testing out every feature on devices that I purchase. Pictures that I take look good to my untrained eyes. My biggest surprise from the G8 is battery life. I had this fear of not making it through the day because I was so used to having an extra swappable battery with me when I used my V20. So far, I'm satisfied with how long it last.
Weird and funny thing is that the G8 has such strong glue holding in the battery that removing said battery is a big enough fire/explosion risk (if you tear the battery by accident, which WILL happen if you try and remove it) that the phone has to warn you NOT to remove/change the battery.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm so glad it's working for you and has great battery life to boot! The picture quality definitely seemed good too!

RE swappable batteries: I hear you. I switched to Android from BlackBerry a long time ago and feared for the whole no-more-battery-pull feature! Of course, my second Android phone was an LG G3 so I lucked out with that removable battery!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej