Do you honestly need a screen protector?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't stand the rubbery feel and the orange peel. Since you have it one, good luck. Next time around, try a Steinheil or another high quality protector and you'll immediately notice the difference.

I had the Zagg put on at best Buy. The young girl who put it on did a really fantastic job, much better than I have in the past. You can see the orange peel but it doesn't affect the screen clarity after a few days.

I will probably use it for awhile since I paid for it and it's installed so well. I have the Steinheil Olephobic on the way for backup.

The thing that sold me on Zagg is, it actually can protect your screen from a drop by absorbing the shock of the fall. I know this first-hand from dropping my Iphone 4 on a concrete driveway. It was in a thin cheap case that I got for free from Apple, as part of their case program to solve the antenna issue. The case got scuffed up and the Zagg rippled but my screen did not crack.

I can understand why some people don't like the orange peel look though.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I had the Zagg put on at best Buy. The young girl who put it on did a really fantastic job, much better than I have in the past. You can see the orange peel but it doesn't affect the screen clarity after a few days.

I will probably use it for awhile since I paid for it and it's installed so well. I have the Steinheil Olephobic on the way for backup.

The thing that sold me on Zagg is, it actually can protect your screen from a drop by absorbing the shock of the fall. I know this first-hand from dropping my Iphone 4 on a concrete driveway. It was in a thin cheap case that I got for free from Apple, as part of their case program to solve the antenna issue. The case got scuffed up and the Zagg rippled but my screen did not crack.

I can understand why some people don't like the orange peel look though.

They are definitely sturdy, I'll give them that. I just can't stand the look or feelfeel

mjd9ball

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Each of the phones that I have put the ghost armor on have been tacky.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

and also to @dmmarck - the thing I've learned with the Ghost Armor is that you really need to let it sit overnight before touching it at all. Not only do the lines and fog disappear, but the surface cures and becomes smooth, not tacky. It truly takes a few extra minutes and some extra attention but I have found this brand to be worth it. I have had one or two f-ups in the past, and Ghost Armor will send a replacement out just like the other brands.

I am open to trying another brand, especially since I've never tried any other ones. I am close to pulling the trigger on one of the XO models but was just kind of waiting to see how things played out here in the forums for a week or two first.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
and also to @dmmarck - the thing I've learned with the Ghost Armor is that you really need to let it sit overnight before touching it at all. Not only do the lines and fog disappear, but the surface cures and becomes smooth, not tacky. It truly takes a few extra minutes and some extra attention but I have found this brand to be worth it. I have had one or two f-ups in the past, and Ghost Armor will send a replacement out just like the other brands.

I am open to trying another brand, especially since I've never tried any other ones. I am close to pulling the trigger on one of the XO models but was just kind of waiting to see how things played out here in the forums for a week or two first.

How does it function with cases, like an Otterbox? I had no problems putting a Zagg + Otterbox on my Incredible, but I've seen people say that some cases will pull up/peel up the case.

mjd9ball

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry no pics yet, but it has cured and cleared up nicely - there is a bit of portrait-oriented texture that is only noticeable by looking at an angle - you can't actually feel it. As for a case, I use the VZW shell + holster and the Ghost Armor is cut a little smaller than the screen, so where the shell lip comes over the screen a bit it has not disturbed the edge of the protector. I'll try an Otterbox if s omeone around me gets one and let you know if it does anything to the film.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I remember making this thread a year ago. Wow how time flies. I have moved onto the HTC One and couldn't be any happier.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu