Does galaxy watch not support Google maps or WhatsApp?

kfppo

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I've held off using my watch but keep reading bits and bobs and it was unclear whether you could access Google maps through a 3rd party app or get WhatsApp notifications? Starting to wonder if a purely android watch would meet my needs more. It's my first smart watch and perhaps naively assumed things like Google maps and what'sapp would be supported. Any help much appreciated folks. Thank you:)

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I've held off using my watch but keep reading bits and bobs and it was unclear whether you could access Google maps through a 3rd party app or get WhatsApp notifications? Starting to wonder if a purely android watch would meet my needs more. It's my first smart watch and perhaps naively assumed things like Google maps and what'sapp would be supported. Any help much appreciated folks. Thank you:)
I'm wondering the same. How the hell you use GPS on a watch. I'm beginning to regret this purchase

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering the same. How the hell you use GPS on a watch. I'm beginning to regret this purchase
Go to Samsung Galaxy Apps from your phone and download the maps you want. What's app should show up in the gear manager under notifications. Just enable.
No regrets...you will love the watch.

Bigpapagert

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Go to Samsung Galaxy Apps from your phone and download the maps you want. What's app should show up in the gear manager under notifications. Just enable.
No regrets...you will love the watch.

Great watch, but Google maps thinks I'm in Korea. Tried this but there's no link in Samsung Galaxy apps to download maps.

JSSR

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
When you get a notification on what's app it will show up there, but no there isn't a native app. In terms of maps to get around there is Here maps on the phone. It even supports offline mode and can connect to the here maps application on your phone for even greater control. Not google maps but still pretty good, and nice interface. Give that a go.

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned, Here works well for maps, and actually includes maps. The watch can show directions on the watch when the phone is using google maps, but will not show the map, just the next step in the direction.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao