Downloading... Do not turn off target!!

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
God damn it is hard to get into recovery for the Nexus 10..

It works 99% of the time with my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. But trying to get into recovery for the Nexus 10 is annoying as hell, if this wasn't my friends tablet I would have thrown it at the wall by now.. Been trying for like 10 minutes now.. For some reason it's super easy to get into "Download mode" but I can't for the life of me get into recovery without it restarting, and restarting, and restarting.. F*ck me..

Sorry had to vent.

Edit: Okay just revisited an old thread I posted in almost a year ago and apparently it's power, volume up AND volume down....

These are all Nexus devices, why can't they all have the same process. Jesus, get your crap together Google. I thought I was going crazy.

Nexus 10 Power + Volume up + Volume down
Nexus 7 Power + Volume Down
Nexus 4 Power + Volume Down
Nexus 5 Power + Volume Down

beastuct

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
My samsung galaxy ace 2 cant turn on. I was wondering if i can reinstall the software by using the odin mode <Downloading...Do not turn off target>? and how? because my phone cant connect to my pc when it is off to reinstall the software by using the samsung kies program. It cant turn on because i changed the memory seats (How to change memory seats in Ace 2 GT-i8160 JB - YouTube) in my ace 2. But i wanted to restore it because my sd memory was mixed with the phone's memory.... and now when i turn on my ace 2 the samsung logo is repeating and repeating and repeating. PLEASE HELP!!! I dont want to buy new phone. I'm so confused.. :/ :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Melissajohnson92

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok so same thing happened to me, I forgot my password so I read that if you wipe everything completely that it will take the password away but instead when i finished with the clearing it restarted and went to the Samsung screen and just stays like that.
i turned the phone off and tried the custom os downloading and now is on a screen that says \
downloading ...
Do not turn off target!!
Oh and i have a Samsung galaxy s3

I've read on this Forum to just take the battery out but scared to because its been on this downloading screen for about an hour and half. Don't want to mess it up if it is downloading
HELP!

Anna Howarth

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy S and after the battery died, I simply tried to turn it back on after it had been on charge for over two hours. Instead, it went to a plain black screen, though it constantly vibrates. The two touch buttons to the left and right of the home button flash but nothing else. However, when I try to reboot, the settings usually come on screen, though again nothing happens. A few weeks on, the message when I try is now the "Downloading...Do not turn of Target!". I have tried to reboot like others have mentioned, but that again leads to the plain black screen.
Help?

doykov

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
i have Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and i have problem with the Downloading Target i cant fix it doesnt download and nothing happen with the phone if i switch off the phone what is gonna happen how i can fix that problem ...pls help

derock533

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Good day everyone...hope am not interrupting the trade. My Samsung galaxy tab is stuck at the samsung logo. I have tried Power+Vol Up option to reset,but i end up with an error.I tried Power+Vol dwn and i got stuck at downloading.... Do not turn Target!!!.
I have tried connecting to the PC, i discovered there is no sound to show that a USB is connected to the PC,yet it is charging.Hence KIES could not detect the TAB.

Please how do i get my TAB working again?

Leonie Petersen

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
my s1'9000 still says downloading do not turn off target. And that is it. I can vdo anything with it anymore. I tried all the solutions. Waiting removing with or without sd and so on. HELP

Star Signs

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I too have had this problem with my T-Mobile Galaxy S II. On that phone I got stuck on the Downloading Do Not Remove Target mode as soon as I turned off my phone. I got my replacement phone today, and noticed that it goes into that mode if the charger is plugged in and the phone is off. It does not come on when the phone is on and charging. T-Mobile is sending me yet another replacement phone. Could it have anything to do with the charger? It started happening on my other phone maybe over a month ago -- maybe with the new Android 4.1.2 software?

TR1973

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I just got hit with D*** downloading target etc..sam galaxy 3, 3 weeks old... couldnt turn of finally did what Ansari said to do. Worked but now acting funny, turned off and taking to ATT in morning, is it a trojan virus for samsungs?

loza moza

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Download mode is for using Odin. This is a Samsung exclusive way of flashing your device but usually isn't used on the Nexus line. It's used commonly on branded Samsung devices like the S3 for rooting and restoring a device to stock.

Hello..I have s3 and after updating the system.. the device doesn't turn on at all.. I pressed on (home +power+ volume down) and it gives me this (downloading.. do not turn off the target) any suggestion how can I recover this?

Myarnist

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you....My Nexus 10 tab was being strangled into download mode by a cover with corner elastics that depressed the Volume Down key continually.
Hard to find a decent cover just anywhere...damn Ipads get all the fun ones.

Arianna Leone

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello..I have note3 neo and after updating the system.. the device doesn't turn on at all.. I pressed on (home +power+ volume down) and it gives me this (downloading.. do not turn off the target)can you explain me how to recover this?

rayflix

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
New to android, and I don't know what happened, or what i did to bring it about but pushing down both buttons most definitely saved my bacon. So thanks. :cool: