Downloading... Do not turn off target!!

John Dar

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Well....I had exactly the same problem with everyone here...heres what I did...:
I took out the battery,then putted it inside again...and turned on the phone..
from here everything went right...
i wrote my PIN and the everything was ok...
I dont know if it works on you,but it really worked on me...!
Have a good night!
Cheers
-John Dar

Elisheva Allen

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Pushing the power button, down/up button, and home button restarted my phone and got it out of the Downloading....do not turn off target screen. Thank you so much.:)

Ashley Vaughn1

May 25, 2015
Visit site
My samsung tab 4 randomly popped up the same screen, Android logo and saying downloading do not turn off target. I was in panic mode, because it wouldn't do anything, so I saw this forum and saw where someone said to hit the down volume+power+home all at the same time and it resolved the issue, and restarted my tablet. Thank you for the help!

Tammym69

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
My galaxy tab 3 won't do anything. It just keeps reading downloading do not turn off target. Please what does this mean and how do I fix it?

Kevin Scrimgeour

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I had another battery that was charged to 8% at least put it in no problem. Seemed the battery was so low it was hard to start up again.

Seemed to fix it however this is a bad sign of something. I think backup your phone and get ready for future more serious issues.

Bez Rollson

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
image.jpg

Hello Android peeps :-\

I turned my phone off a week or so but when I came back to it.I saw it was in this state
Downloading do not turn off target
It has been in this limbo state a few hours
I have read the advice on this forum
Is it safe to force the power off, take out the battery and reboot?I worry there is No Operating system in this current state!
Thanks
Bez

Nazeer Katarki

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
my samsung galaxy grand 2/ 7102donot turn off target problem /thanks for sugesting me the same problem i have but once battery i removed from device and re inserted. problem was solved thank u thank u verry much my samsung mobile now working fine

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you suppose to remove the SD Card at the time you remove the battery and the SIM card?

Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about when you do a reboot? You don't have to remove the SD. If you plan to do a factory reset, I would suggest Unmounting and removing the card beforehand, because I've seen reports of the card getting wiped (or at least corrupted) during the reset process (even though it's supposed to be left alone).

Keylee Mcneil

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
i have the same thing and that problem and it pop up and i have the galaxy s3 and it started to do it it not wanting to charge or anything i bought a new battery for it and i charge it for the intire night and it went to 15% and it was saying a 100% charged now it went to downloading something with it and i did not knnow the answer to it if any one knows what is the answer i can not get it to charge

nitzy777

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
hi my samsung galaxy note 4 had the same message pop up. i done the steps you suggested and phone came back on. i continued to charge my phone then at 70% a message popped up saying that my phone was overcharging . not sure what to do now. i unplugged it but could smell electrical burning. is my phone over???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332