Droid Bionic Early Upgrade

Mbaverizon#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
please remember this if you remember anything, BE KIND and PROFESSIONAL!! These reps and supervisors goes through a great deal of butheads daily, so being kind and caring will get you alot farther than you think. If they turn you down a 100 times keep trting and be nice no matter what, you will find the right one that can help. Remember you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

Reactions: JkdJedi

tmacfan4321

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
So I kind of found a work around to this by accident. This is what happened to me so take what you can from it.

At the time my main number was the one eligible for a renewal (wifes phone). I made the preorder for that line in July. When the phone arrived we switched the phone #s over so that the X was now with with my # and not the wifes, following me? I noticed that I now am still eligible for an upgrade. It was my wifes line that got extended for another 2 years, not mine. Even though the numbers got switched over. The main line stayed with the extended contract. So here I am with a fairly new X (from July) and I'm eligible for an upgrade.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):););)

Guess who's getting the X in April.
That's called an alternate upgrade. You can do that in-store or online. They're pretty common. I've gotten two or three phones that way because my family members don't upgrade phones very often.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, quick question about the Bionic on Verizon. I bought the Droid X back in july when it was first released, and I love it. However I just recently found out that my city (erie,pa) will be one of the first with LTE coverage. My question is when the bionic drops in june/july do you think there will be any chance of upgrading early in order to take advantage of the new network. I've been a verizon customer for 8 years and have paid my bill on time EVERY month.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have upgraded every year with a new phone and it just takes a few calls and being calm and polite with the reps. This is what works for me.One the stores in my area are black and white. no upgrade window no new phone. They have told me time and time again the CS reps have more power for upgrades.

1.example of how I upgrade to the DX after only a few months on a bb.

Call customer service have them look up my account and I told them I wanted to upgrade to the dx. They stated I wasn't in an upgrade period. With a few pauses and sighs acting surprised I state all i wanted to do was upgrade to the dx and I know that will restart me 2 year contract. After looking at my family account with 2 lines they said hold on. Pause came back from holding and sure sir we can do that for you today you will have to pay the price of 200.00 you know that? Yes that would be fine and I bought the phone.

I did this with getting my bb too. It's a matter a few calls with the bb hitting the right rep sometimes. Being nice is all it takes.;)

Reactions: anon(123942)

anon(123942)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i feel like no one here lives near me. because if you were to run your mouth and complain to verizon, im surely sure they will give you some kind of discount.

you'd be surprised on how big of babies people can be to get what they want. happens in every work place.

the customer is always right and loyalty actually means something. especially now that a lot of people are switching to verizon for the iphone 4, they want as much dollars coming in. even if that means giving someone a discount or two. they really do have them just laying around there.

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Isnt Verizon getting rid if their early upgrade option?

Yes, but after 1/16, lucky for me I got an email before 1/16 saying that I am able for an early upgrade. My original upgrade date is 9/7/11. Now, I am just waiting for a dual core 4G phone from Verizon.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have upgraded every year with a new phone and it just takes a few calls and being calm and polite with the reps. This is what works for me.One the stores in my area are black and white. no upgrade window no new phone. They have told me time and time again the CS reps have more power for upgrades.

1.example of how I upgrade to the DX after only a few months on a bb.

Call customer service have them look up my account and I told them I wanted to upgrade to the dx. They stated I wasn't in an upgrade period. With a few pauses and sighs acting surprised I state all i wanted to do was upgrade to the dx and I know that will restart me 2 year contract. After looking at my family account with 2 lines they said hold on. Pause came back from holding and sure sir we can do that for you today you will have to pay the price of 200.00 you know that? Yes that would be fine and I bought the phone.

I did this with getting my bb too. It's a matter a few calls with the bb hitting the right rep sometimes. Being nice is all it takes.;)

Just to echo this, he's absolutely correct. The CS reps can and will make every effort to accommodate you, if at all possible. I'm very new to Verizon (DX in June) but was still able to get a $75 discount off of retail for a Verizon Microcell simply by asking. Remain professional and respectful.

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet, but I'm hoping Verizon wants to get people off 3G and onto LTE to make room for their new iPhone users. :)

Probably just a dream, but I can hope!

hoonaynay

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Ignore them

Ignore all of them bigjotto--they sound like pissy individuals with a severe case of blue balls. As a matter of fact, yes being a loyal customer with a great payment record doesn't hurt. When I was upset with the Blackberry 9630, Verizon Wireless offered me the then newly-released Droid Incredible for one year contract pricing without extending my current contract whatsoever on the grounds that I had been a VZW subscriber for about 8 years. So I paid $249 (or was it $149) for what was a $600 phone without a contract.
Let's see how many newly-signed customers receive that type of treatment.
As for the REAL REASON this thread was created, I don't think they'd offer any type of early upgrade. With the way they've been slowly but surely limiting customer options, offering an early upgrade would be a backwards step for them.
But hey, I'm not a VZW employee, so I could be wrong. Seems unlikely though.

hoonaynay

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Just to echo this, he's absolutely correct. The CS reps can and will make every effort to accommodate you, if at all possible. I'm very new to Verizon (DX in June) but was still able to get a $75 discount off of retail for a Verizon Microcell simply by asking. Remain professional and respectful.

I would like to echo this echo.

bigjotto316

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the responses and help. For whatever reason some people seem to have gotten the wrong message about my post. I wasnt complaining or saying that I want something special that no one else receives because I'm a good customer, I'm sure there's millions of people on verizon that pay on time every month. Really all I wanted was peoples opinions about verizon possibly offering early upgrades to people in the first LTE markets being launched to get some early adopters up and running. I wasnt trying to be pompous or elitest at all. So thank you very much to anybody that offered their honest opinions on the topic. Basically I'll just have to wait closer to 4g being launched in my area and I'll just sweet talk some reps on the phone about how I'm excited for LTE and how I really want to experience it. Hopefully I'll be able to get something worked out!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

navybear51

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
All this makes me happy that I bought a brand new Droid X on Craigslist for $175 and then sold my OG Droid on eBay for $125 back in December. I knew the LTE devices were coming and wanted to save my upgrade with Verizon until the new Bionic arrives.

Evo2DroidX

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Well look at it this way. Vzn has u under contact with the x and knows if u want the lre bad enough you'll pay a high enough rate to get it, forcing u to choose between lte and 3G is their way of owning u. You can, in their eyes renew at the end of your contract. I know they let early adopters upgrade before after a year, it would be sweet if they did that again however I don't see it happening. The X is a beautiful device lte right now isn't worth the hassle. It will be better when u upgrade and imagine the devices that will be available at the end of or contracts! Sweet! But if u are willing to pay vzn is willing to upgrade lol.

john_5_24

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm with jotto here. Big Red SHOULD reward me for doing something I am supposed typo do, like party my bill on time. Forget that they also luce up to their end of thedeal and provide me service. I'm special darn it!

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Well when I got my X it was an early upgrade. Anyone wanting to get a data device could upgrade early. Maybe they are going to do something similar

gordazo

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The days of upgrading every two years are long gone (at least for me). Pay $70 more for your phone and get a 1-year contract. Then you can renew every 10 months (with Verizon), and your old phone might have some ($100-$200) resell value. Sounds like a deal to me.

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
No chance. Verizon doesn't care about your loyalness. They care about the bucks you pay. I would expect as many phones as they have coming out you will have to finish your contract or pay dearly for the new phone. I had Verizon and they had great service, now have Sprint and I am much much happier and $40 a month richer and haven't noticed any bad service areas as of yet. Good luck and hopefully you'll get your hands on the new phone and root the hell out of it.

shaunypat

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
listen to jerry

Buy on ebay; half the phones or better on there are sold by companies who sell phones for a living, not dudes living in their Mom's basement and might have been "experimenting" with something you're gonna pay $400 for. The days of getting devices for less more often are OVER, at least for now. we're on a 6 to 8 month tech cycle with these phones, and NO carrier is gonna let you buy a $600 phone every 18 months for $200 anymore, I don't care if you have unicorns deliver your payment and pay for it with gold coins.....:D BTW, I have a Droid X I bought for 300 on the aforementioned BAY in November, and that's exactly where I'll be getting my next phone, whatever it is:cool:

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I dont think that they will care about your payments, (you've heard that a few times sorry) but there is things you can do to get your upgrade to the Bionic

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
OP just because you're a loyal customer doesn't mean anything. If you were maybe near the end of a 2 year contract and only had a few months left they might budge and let you move up. Verizon just wants their money and they obviously don't care about their customers, notice their recent and coming changes.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe