DROID MAXX: Lollipop Update News

Status
Not open for further replies.

clay.bergen

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Your source still wasn't right about any Motorola phone getting an update in two weeks (by 1/25).

If your droid Maxx never took the update to 4.4.4, the sunshine app would be able to unlock the bootloader. Otherwise - nope.
I feel bad. Sorry.

... And I'm hooped as far as the bootloader goes it seems. :(

Threemoons

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Well this is BS. It also pretty much cements my choice to get an unlocked Nexus phone from Google directly. I never wanted the Maxx in the first place; it was forced on me as a replacement phone when my insured phone was destroyed and not immediately available. FU Verizon and Motorola. At least with a Google phone I'll always be current.:mad:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
the page that links to is no longer available. what did it say?

It never said anything since I've seen it (which was yesterday.) Honestly, I think that they just decided on this action and are in the process of putting together an offer. Last year, when they made a similar announcement about the AT&T Atrix HD not getting a long-promised KitKat update, they offered a Moto X or a Bluetooth headset at a price that was $100 off list price. I suspect that Maxx owners will see a similar offer when they get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred