droid x v. incredible

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
ok, i had an incredible then i got a droid x. thought i would give a comparison and see if anyone else has experienced what i have. first, i really like the bigger screen on the x. i heard some people say that you would miss the sense ui from the incredible, but i really don't see a difference. battery life so far on the x is better. i never had call or signal strength issues with the incredible, except the bars were always low. no problems with either on the x. the bars are high on the x. overall, i like the x and i'm glad i made the switch. has anyone else gone from the incredible to the x, or are you thinking about it?

wayne

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
i did the same i went from the dinc to the x.the screen size was my big thing i have a slingbox and yeah the big screen is nice.but over all i miss the dinc and its not because of sence because you can make the x home screen look and feel just like the dinc if you want. my problem is the speed the x feels slower then the dinc its not as smooth. and its not the apps i have installed because i have the same apps installed the phone just feels slower

The moon

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
no lag here. they're both great phones. i was thinking when i had the dinc that the screen was finally big enough for games and videos but then i got the x. i think it's the optimum size. if it got any bigger you couldn't get it in your pocket!

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
i switched from the Dinc to the X last week. I had way too many problems with the Dinc. Having them side by side the signal strength on the X is much better (even after 2.2 update on Dinc). Call quality is MUCH better on the X also. I didnt really care for sensu UI either, in my opinion its a very outdated UI.

My only 2 complaints on the X so far is the calander widget(just going to get one from the market) and the ringer volume (that'll be fixed with 2.2 update).

so all in all, not too bad.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
In the same boat. The battery life and build quality on the x are SO much better

QFT.

I loved my Incredible...no doubt, but the signal and call quality were pretty lacking. Plus, when I look at the screens side by side, I like the LCD better than the OLED. The colors just seem more true. The Incredible is a fine phone...just not quite as good as the X. Oh, and you simply HAVE to get the extended Seidio battery if you've got an Incredible. The standard battery is a disaster.

jrkrace

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the Dinc myself and was thinking of the X, but the X is too damn big. I keep feeling like I'm talking into a shingle every time I used a friends X. I have to agree with all of you about the Dinc's voice quality.

Seeing I'm still in my 30 days, maybe the Fascinate might fit the bill. If the voice quality is still crappy, I'm keeping the Dinc...FWIW..

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
ok, i had an incredible then i got a droid x. thought i would give a comparison and see if anyone else has experienced what i have. first, i really like the bigger screen on the x. i heard some people say that you would miss the sense ui from the incredible, but i really don't see a difference. battery life so far on the x is better. i never had call or signal strength issues with the incredible, except the bars were always low. no problems with either on the x. the bars are high on the x. overall, i like the x and i'm glad i made the switch. has anyone else gone from the incredible to the x, or are you thinking about it?

I got them both still do couldnt get rid of the incredible for the dx some stuff just like about it.

On the other hand like the dx too, difference being to me : bigger screen,and the hard keys instead of incredibles soft keys on the bottom the incredible is little bit easier to carry around since it is a little smaller , Otherwise signal strenght, web browsing , phone quality ,etc all the same or to close to call . Both with stock batteries get me tho the day unless I do really heavy use, I do use GPS everyday on avg an hour(2x 30 minute segments = 1 hr.)

Summarize: I like them both , lol :D

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I switched from the DINC to the D2.

My experience is similar to yours. Especially on the battery life.

I miss the AMOLED screen and that's about it.
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk