drop signal for no reason

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been noticing that at times I will look at my phone and I will have no signal at all. This is in a highly populated area not out in the rural country side. My friend today at lunch at full signal and I had none but all of a sudden it just popped back up to full. I have noticed this several times. anybody else having this problem and should I take it back to ATT?

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this is a problem with the radio software. I have this problem too. The recent update has apparently fixed the issue for some people. But since I still haven't received the update yet I don't know if it will fix mine!

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have this issue too, and it's getting *really* annoying.

My specific scenario is, if I turn off wifi, the phone will also drop my data connection. I'm only two weeks into ownership, and I'm already having to turn off, then on, the 'mobile data' icon in notifications, just to kickstart a connection.

Unacceptable.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I also noticed that when the bars were in flux I would have trouble maintaining a call. Lots of dropped calls at my flat. I did not have this problem with my HOX. I am currently playing (still within return window) with the Atrix HD. This phone will drop down to 3 bars but not move all over the place. And I am not dropping calls. I miss the GS3 however hope that they solve the signal bounce issue, I may come back. Although the Atrix HD has been solid so far.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

brucerg

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I went to a device support center where they just swapped out the SIM. The amount of times it would lose signal did decrease dramatically. However, it still happens every now and then. The way the signal fluctuates drives me crazy. I once had two bars (status said the signal was -95 dbm) and I couldn't call or send/receive text messages. In places where my old iPhone 4 would hang onto a signal and be able to send/receive text messages/calls, my S3 couldn't. I really want to keep this phone though since my iPhone 4 is practically falling apart. I'm going to take it into another support center and see if they can just swap it for a new one.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
OK sitting here using the android application I lost all phone signal and data signal. I was holding it still just looking at the forums and bamm it's gone. No Ph calls and no data. I switched the data off then on and did nothing. Holding the Ph staring at the screen banner it all comes back . Has anyone dealt with ATT about this and were you successful at getting it resolved ? Did they replace the Ph or what

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

brucerg

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I just came back from an AT&T device support /warranty center. According to the lady who took care of me, this was the first time she's seen the s3. I told her the issue and I am receiving a replacement device within the next 4 to 6 days (maybe sooner). I'll see if the new phone has the same issue...I really hope not though.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
went to att today to check on this problem. Of course they had not heard of it (why am I not surprised). anyway they swapped out my phone for me and we'll see what happens and report back

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine did this also until i did a hard reset.... I know ppl don't like doing a reset.... But it does fix many issues.. Plus the att update i just got seemed to help a lot... Esp sence im border of hving coverage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

brucerg

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine did this also until i did a hard reset.... I know ppl don't like doing a reset.... But it does fix many issues.. Plus the att update i just got seemed to help a lot... Esp sence im border of hving coverage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I'm going to try doing a hard reset and see if that fixes the issue. Did you also notice that the signal fluctuates a LOT? I would have 2-3 bars of 4g for a minute then have 1. Sometimes it would drop to none and then switch over to EDGE. It's very frustrating, especially since sometimes I can't even make a call or send/receive text messages with 2 bars. Did the hard reset solve that issue as well?

Kelli Knox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem in south africa. my husband is on the same network as me and we can put his crapberry next to my S4 and he has full signal and i dont.
i took it back to the shop where i got it and they said just turn it off and on again when it happens.
totally unacceptable, to have this brilliant phone that i have to turn off and on again.

going to another outlet and complaining tonight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality41