Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

BruceP

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
did you get this to work on a mac? i kept getting invalid IP address and I thought maybe it was cause i was using mac, i still cant get it to work. any ideas would be helpful

I had the same problem on windows 7 invalid ip...is what i did was uninstalled virtual box and the ova turn wifi on on the phone and once it was connected to router, reinstalled virtualbox and ova and it started and rooted without a hitch..im on a mifi (EVDO) for broadband which has a router in it. Ive heard that JB has issues with older routers.

ted1735

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This worked great for me!!!! Be sure to be prepared to hit the power, up or down volume button. I didn't do this the first time and had to re do it. The second time it worked like a charm!!!!

Nigel Williams

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting a error message when trying to update superuser for Droid Bionic "There was an error installing superuser. Please send a log the error to the develop." is the message i get. Any Help?

fwtx

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
im getting this error when i open the virtual machine

"Could not start the machine Linux Minimal because the following physical network interfaces were not found:
NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet (adapter 1)
You can either change the machine's network settings or stop the machine."

anyone else have this or know the problem?

BruceP

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Here are some tips for anyone who is having trouble getting a valid IP address. The first thing you should check is the network configuration within VirtualBox. If your computer has more than one network adapter, VirtualBox may be trying to use the wrong one, which would result in the Linux VM being unable to acquire an IP address. Please look at the attached picture. The only thing you should ever change is the drop down box field called "Name:". If you change any other settings, either change them back, or re-import the .ova file again.

im getting this error when i open the virtual machine

"Could not start the machine Linux Minimal because the following physical network interfaces were not found:
NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet (adapter 1)
You can either change the machine's network settings or stop the machine."

anyone else have this or know the problem?

Change your network setting in virualbox as shown here.click on the blue arrow and it will show you in Marty's post.

weave

May 17, 2013
Visit site
You are a god among us mortals!!!!!

This worked the first time, not one single issue, and took all of like 7 minutes to complete!

Brilliance, shear brilliance!!!!!!!!!

backitude

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble at the usb connection step of the vm. I am in the debugging mode, I am in the mtp mode, I am able to see the internal and external sd drives in windows explorer.

The vm hangs after this step at: * daemon started successfully * When I try to select my phone under devices->usb devices-.> Motorola XT875 [0216] it brings up a window that reads as follows:
Failed to attach the USB device Motorola XT875 [0216] to the virtual machine Linux Minimal_1.

USB device 'Motorola XT875' with UUID {c24ab4f3-83d6-4088-9616-edac1f0b6432} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later.

Result Code: E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
Component: HostUSBDevice
Interface: IHostUSBDevice {173b4b44-d268-4334-a00d-b6521c9a740a}
Callee: IConsole {db7ab4ca-2a3f-4183-9243-c1208da92392}

I have rebooted computer and phone, tried defferent sequences for connect phone to usb cable, etc... please help

I am having the same situation on Vista Home. I know my phone is setup correctly because I can connect to the device in Eclipse and follow the android logs. MTC, check. Debugging, check.
"daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037"
"daemon started successfully"
(hang, hang, hang)

EDIT: I realized what I was doing wrong. (PEBCAK) My phone was plugged in to the computer prior to this step. I guess it is important to not plug your phone in UNTIL you reach this point. Once I went thru the process with my phone disconnected, and connected it here, it immediately continued with the process. Except I never had to hit Vol up down or power. I reached that point, looked down and my phone was already restarting.

Last edited:

shockaholick

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for such a newb question, but this process is to install a "linux" simulator on a windows machine? or do you have to have a linux running machine to do this? Just want to make sure I can do this on my windows 7 machine.

Thanks in advance!

shasheson

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
OK just in case anyone is still looking to figure out the "device is busy with another request," I just figured it out. The link in the OP is usuing VMware 4.1 and the extension pack needs to be updated. Please use 4.2.12/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.2.12-84980.vbox-extpack to update the pack. then go into settings and then USB and click the checkbox for "enable usb 2.0 ehmi controller"

Prior to updating the extension pack, it will disable USB 2.0 and therefore the device is not recognized by the virtual machine, but rather only by the host machine.

4.2.12/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack

odohvare

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Worked like a charm. Bionic 4.1.2 fully ROOTED!!!!

Just follow the prompts, but be ready with the phone. There is one point when you hit enter and only have a second or two to grab the phone and hit the Vol Up, Down or Power Key to make it work. It says it is important, but doesn't give any delay or future notice of this action. So, stay on your toes..

odohvare

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for such a newb question, but this process is to install a "linux" simulator on a windows machine? or do you have to have a linux running machine to do this? Just want to make sure I can do this on my windows 7 machine.

Thanks in advance!

The program VirtualBox allows for the creation of a Virtual Machine. Basically, it lets you set aside some of your Windows resources(RAM, CPU, VIDEO, etc) so that another OS can run within. Just follow the directions word for word and you will be fine.

alman1268

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Got this to work once i got my ethernet 10/100/1000 port to obtain a DHCP IP address in windows. Thanks a bunch for this easy walkthrough marty45714!