Element Eclipse Case Now Available

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Received an email today linking me to: https://www.elementcase.com/Element-Case-Eclipse-S3-a/309.htm

I was planning to order the Atom earlier this week but it was out of stock at the time. It seems both are in stock now and I'm leaning towards the Eclipse.

I'll update this thread later with a review.

This is hands down the nicest case for the S3 available. Will be ordering this one later today, and work on selling my Nexus 4 next!

mehlord

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Real nice, but real pricy. Does it offer sufficient screen protection, looks too flat to help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the email today also and was very happy to see it. I am not too happy about the pricing but I think I can still work with it. I just wish it had a holster as well.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine today, I saw a video on YouTube yesterday, and that was enough for me. It looks sick, and the re-routed sound channel were the selling points for me. I'll post back and let you know what I think. If you act soon, they have a 10% off code, if you sign up for the newsletter.

As for pricey....so was my Otterbox...basically same price, minus the shipping. As for a holster....I've barely used mine with my Otterbox, I find it fits into my jacket or jeans pocket fine. I imagine this will be slightly smaller.....just a guess, maybe I'm wrong.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered mine today, I saw a video on YouTube yesterday, and that was enough for me. It looks sick, and the re-routed sound channel were the selling points for me. I'll post back and let you know what I think. If you act soon, they have a 10% off code, if you sign up for the newsletter.

As for pricey....so was my Otterbox...basically same price, minus the shipping. As for a holster....I've barely used mine with my Otterbox, I find it fits into my jacket or jeans pocket fine. I imagine this will be slightly smaller.....just a guess, maybe I'm wrong.

But a genuine Otterbox can now be purchased <$40. I bought a Element Atom case for my S3 and I like it. I jumped on the purchase due to the 10% code..but from what I remember the cheapes shipping was $12..for a tiny case with only a screen protector and a microfiber cloth.....

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
When I bought my Otterbox, it was $60.....same price give or take. I also had to pay $30 shipping, so it was closer to $90 for the Eclipse. It just arrived in the local sort facility today so hopefully it will be here by tomorrow.
I got it on Thursday afternoon (yesterday). It's a pretty nice case all in all. No covers for either the headphone jack or USB port. I thought it might work with my Touchstone charger, it doesn't. Obviously not as rugged as the Otterbox, and no screen protection, but I like the look of it. The sound does pump out of the front fairly well. The carbon fiber back is pretty sharp looking too.

Last edited:

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Very nice case, looks sharp, love carbon fiber, kickstand, sound channel. The lanyard broke within two days, right where it attaches to the case. I didn't think much of it to be honest. A few days later, I'm walking downtown, and I slipped on a patch of ice, my feet went flying as high as my head, and I landed on the ground flat on my back. The phone went flying out of my hand, as I was holding it. Up in the air it went, and it hit the ground. The phone looked ok but it wasn't on. I could feel a vibration every time I held the power button down, but couldn't see anything happen. Wasn't sure what was going on, so I did a battery pull, and turned it on again. That's when I noticed the one pixel high green line across the screen. So bottom line is, my screen is now broken.

I call insurance, they are sending me a new phone in which I have to pay $150 deductible. I switched back to my HP Pre3 in the interim...further cost of $35 from the carrier, as the SIM card isn't the same size. I get in touch with Element Case. They will refund my $65 case, in which I paid $30 shipping and handling, as long as I pay the shipping. I can probably send it for about $10-15....so out of the $95 I paid in total for it, I will get refunded about $50.

I can't say I'm really happy with that for an answer. This isn't a case of buyer's remorse, where I spontaneously bought something and just decided I didn't like it. I really did like the case but based on their "this is the rules and we're not willing to make an exception" kind of attitude.....I'm not recommending anyone buy this. I'll go back to my old Otterbox with the new case. Far, FAR better customer service. I've had one replaced through them which could be construed as my own fault.... working in an extremely dusty environment and getting one replaced due to scratches on the screen.

For what it's worth that case is basically still in pristine condition, and I plan on just selling it locally. I'm sure I can get $60 for it and whoever buys it won't have to pay the shipping costs.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So you drop the phone (flying through the air) and internally the phone broke so you are returning the case? A thin tailored TPU case isn't designed to stop an impact you described. If you need an idiot proof case go back to your Otterbox case or something similar.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Very nice case, looks sharp, love carbon fiber, kickstand, sound channel. The lanyard broke within two days, right where it attaches to the case. I didn't think much of it to be honest. A few days later, I'm walking downtown, and I slipped on a patch of ice, my feet went flying as high as my head, and I landed on the ground flat on my back. The phone went flying out of my hand, as I was holding it. Up in the air it went, and it hit the ground. The phone looked ok but it wasn't on. I could feel a vibration every time I held the power button down, but couldn't see anything happen. Wasn't sure what was going on, so I did a battery pull, and turned it on again. That's when I noticed the one pixel high green line across the screen. So bottom line is, my screen is now broken.

I call insurance, they are sending me a new phone in which I have to pay $150 deductible. I switched back to my HP Pre3 in the interim...further cost of $35 from the carrier, as the SIM card isn't the same size. I get in touch with Element Case. They will refund my $65 case, in which I paid $30 shipping and handling, as long as I pay the shipping. I can probably send it for about $10-15....so out of the $95 I paid in total for it, I will get refunded about $50.

I can't say I'm really happy with that for an answer. This isn't a case of buyer's remorse, where I spontaneously bought something and just decided I didn't like it. I really did like the case but based on their "this is the rules and we're not willing to make an exception" kind of attitude.....I'm not recommending anyone buy this. I'll go back to my old Otterbox with the new case. Far, FAR better customer service. I've had one replaced through them which could be construed as my own fault.... working in an extremely dusty environment and getting one replaced due to scratches on the screen.

For what it's worth that case is basically still in pristine condition, and I plan on just selling it locally. I'm sure I can get $60 for it and whoever buys it won't have to pay the shipping costs.

The thing is a lot of companies that sell products are like that. It's the same way for computer components and phones.

mehlord

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Larger companies can easily absorb the occasional not their fault replacement. As an online retailer I feel they did above and beyond what they should have.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I had to spend about 40 hours online looking at hundreds of cases to find one that met my requirements so I'm probably a lot more familiar with case prices than I'd like to be. That said after watching the video I don't see anything about this case that warrants a $60 price tag and $30 for shipping is a blatant ripoff. For less than $60 you can buy a far more protective case. If the reason for the price is the backside has real carbon fiber who besides the case owner would know it's real? Not only that but why would you spend money for real carbon fiber instead of spending it on a case that would actually protect your phone? Out of all the S3 cases I've seen this one hands down takes the prize for most ridiculously priced for what the case is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seth59