Epic 4G -- Got questions? Ask them here!

punzada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Will video/audio quality be diminished with this USB to HDMI cable the Epic will need?

USB to HDMI? I have been assuming the only ways to do video out of the Epic would be the same as the other Galaxy S phones (the 3.5mm to composite connection) or through DLNA.

If someone would clarify this, that would be fantastic.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If it iactually does work with this cable, then no, it will be nice, crystal clear, 720p.

It should, otherwise there's the 480i option through the 3.5mm headphone jack.

Sweet thing, if you download a movie using the mediahub, you can get shared licensing to run it on any other DLNA device you use, like a PS3/Xbox 360

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Came across review on mobilburn...a pretty good one actually.
There's been talk that captive buttons can be set to screen time out yet Mobilburn stated no such settings available so whats up.
Is setting avalible or not?

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are any full reviews with video yet? I have seen all of the hands on / unboxing reviews. Some of the reviews mentioned that there would be a full review in a couple of days.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I did see that one already as well. I was looking for some battery life tests and maybe some gps testing. I guess we should start seeing those pretty soon.

really, 3 times you have to ask about the battery? One of the sites said they'd put it as a 6pm phone, while the Evo a 3-4pm phone. Better, but not as high as you may want.

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
really, 3 times you have to ask about the battery? One of the sites said they'd put it as a 6pm phone, while the Evo a 3-4pm phone. Better, but not as high as you may want.

Yup. REALLY, 3 times and I will ask again if I get a answer like yours. 6pm phone, come on that was just a guesstimate

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yup. REALLY, 3 times and I will ask again if I get a answer like yours. 6pm phone, come on that was just a guesstimate

How is someone going to give you an exact answer? What type of exact answer are you looking for? Are you going to be using 4G a lot? GPS nav for 30 minutes? Use varies. 6PM is a great estimate as it will get you through a businessman's workday and the trip home without needing to be charged up. How your use varies determines the life out of the battery you're going to get. 4G and GPS will rape the battery. No avoiding it, unless you get a huge seidio battery or the like.

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I am not looking for an exact answer. I was wanting to know if anyone has seen any full reviews yet that included battery life tests. Some of the previous reviews mentioned they would be doing more in depth reviews, which usually includes more info on the battery life they have been receiving. I am just curious how it compares to my hero.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am not looking for an exact answer. I was wanting to know if anyone has seen any full reviews yet that included battery life tests. Some of the previous reviews mentioned they would be doing more in depth reviews, which usually includes more info on the battery life they have been receiving. I am just curious how it compares to my hero.

Its not going to be as good as the hero. same size battery, way more power under the hood.

stilesja

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Is the memory an issue?

Ok, so I understand it has only 512MB ROM. I'm not an android user now so I'm not really sure how big the apps are. I have a pre which had and app limitation at one time but has since been fixed, but I know once some games were released using 3D the app partition limit became a big deal.

My understanding is that the SD card can hold apps and with Froyo even run *some* apps? So I hear every review say this phone is so awesome and I'm psyched for it, but remain a little concerned about this 512MB storage.

Is this something to worry about? I mean maybe the big 3D games and things will be released and run from the SD card, but it seems to me it wouldn't take that many 3D games before you are filling up your 400MB of user space...

Are there many 3D games for Android at all? I'm not really a big gamer, more of a utility app person really, but I'd hate to go for this phone then start wishing I had something that had real storage instead of an SD card and 512MB ROM....

Please alleviate my concerns! Thanks!

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Notification light colors? I'm asking this everywhere as you can see, but I thought "what the heck" and will post something here and see if it's answered.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Questions answered

Was this a false positive or what? I thought we were able to ask and answer all kinds of Epic questions here? What gives?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere