Evo 3D getting ICS next month?

TheRewardisCheese

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Saw this on a few min ago on the front page of this site

Sprint announces Ice Cream Sandwich update for HTC devices
By Tim Stiffler-Dean 07 Nov 2011 1:54 pm

Sprint Ice Cream Sandwich Update

Word has arrived from Sprint regarding the future availability of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for their smartphones, with an announcement having been made today about their HTC line of devices. From the Sprint Community portal blog:

"Sprint will begin to rollout Google's latest version of Android, Ice Cream Sandwich, to our customers in early 2012. Ice Cream Sandwich will be available via an over-the-air update to a variety of devices including HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G and other key products in our line-up."

These HTC phones join the short list of other existing Android devices to receive the Ice Cream Sandwich OTA update. We'll be looking for the update to arrive early next year, but it definitely couldn't arrive soon enough.

Reactions: Wiley_11

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested to see how ICS affects our devices. I would think Sense would render most of the visual enhancements useless. I'd love of they found an innovative way to combine it all...but I wont hold my breath to that.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested to see how ICS affects our devices. I would think Sense would render most of the visual enhancements useless. I'd love of they found an innovative way to combine it all...but I wont hold my breath to that.

Many would say ICS renders most of Sense useless

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Knowing HTC, sense will stick around. However, i'm sure there will be loads of people rocking pure ICS. Ah, root.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
(Thinking) If updating our phones to ICS wasn't in anyway an added feature / bonus would HTC and Sprint would even bothered. JS. It cost money to upgrade and enhance anything. HTC and Sprint knows that (we) their loyal customers always want the best. So, this is why they are willing to make it happened. Unfortunately, not every device will be fortunate enough to be able to upgrade to ICS.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
^^ Even though I was 'hesitant' about rooting any of my phones, but if HTC wasn't going to upgrade my Evo 3d..I was seriously contemplating on going that route. (Rooting) :D-

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I posted this before HTC officially announced the update. I saw the link and thought it would we welcomed here.

I don't see anything wrong with your posting it. Just like all the talk about the EVO 3D before there was much information and a release date, most of the stuff posted about this sort of thing is speculation anyway. Look at all the discussion that occurred!

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Got Ice Cream Sandwich on my Evo 3D! :p

17968d1321829394-3d-2d-pictures-videos-taken-evo-3d-imag1499.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo