EVO 3D vs LG Optimus 3d

DanTheAndroid

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I was reading the specs of the LG Optimus 3d and the EVO 3D and the EVO 3D has a better screen, gingerbread compared to froyo, HTC is better then LG, and the EVO 3D has HTC SENSE! The only thing I am worried about is how the EVO 3D's processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 8660) will compare to other processors like the exynos, tegra 2, and TI OMAP! I was looking at the leaked benchmarks of it when it was being called the HTC Shooter and its scores were really bad compared to the others! I hope the EVO 3D's processor will get higher scores when its released...

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, the Optimus 3d has only 512 mb of ram (supposedly, there was some confusion about that) and it kicked major booty in the benchmarks against phones like the Atrix 4G. Now the initial reasoning for this is that the Atrix has a QHD display so the graphics takes a hit. But that should onky happen in graphics tests. I suspect that the Optimus 3D's dual channel memory also gives it a significant performance boost.

I am hoping that the Evo 3D's extra .2 ghz compensates for the performance issues. If anything the engineers' testing its benchmarks is an indication that they are being mindful of that very thing. Hopefully we can see some realistic benchmarks as the phone comes closer to release.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I doubt many people will buy the optimus just because it has 512 mb of RAM

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Here's a trick. Whenever a phone or tablet comes out and don't mention ram in the presentation, its probably 512MB. Remember the shroud of mystery that surrounded the amount of ram in the ipad 2? Its almost as if they were ashamed to admit that it has half the ram of the Xoom. Also, I suppose no one even thought to ask Samsung how much ram their new redesigned honeycomb tablets would have. TBH, they probably dont know themselves. Trying to figure out how to be the most cost effective I suppose.

My point is that I doubt many people would care about the amount of ram in these devices. Its only techies like us that pay attention to such things.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I would generally agree with everything they said. I do wish the LG had a higher-res display.

You can also count on the EVO 3D having great dev support. I'm sure the LG will get attention, but not like HTC phones get. Cyanogen will get ported to the EVO 3D for sure, but they've never officially gone outside of HTC.

The dual channel RAM on the LG more than makes up for the amount of RAM, though.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would still go with the EVO even if the LG Optimus proves to be faster. Sticking with the evil I know.

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I was reading the specs of the LG Optimus 3d and the EVO 3D and the EVO 3D has a better screen, gingerbread compared to froyo, HTC is better then LG, and the EVO 3D has HTC SENSE! The only thing I am worried about is how the EVO 3D's processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 8660) will compare to other processors like the exynos, tegra 2, and TI OMAP! I was looking at the leaked benchmarks of it when it was being called the HTC Shooter and its scores were really bad compared to the others! I hope the EVO 3D's processor will get higher scores when its released...

I believe that's the same processor being used in HP's Touchpad.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
i hope we get an optimus dual core of some sort.
would like the 2x or maybe even optimus black even though it isn't dual.
lg is getting good reviews and its nice to have choices.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, at this point, they're all dual core so they're all going to be fast. It will only make a difference if you like to play games like me:) so I might want to get the 2nd Epic IF it comes out. My contract ends on the first of December anyways

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe that's the same processor being used in HP's Touchpad.

If you're talking about the EVO I believe you're right. Both will have the dual core snapdragon.

Imagine what these things will end up being overclocked too, 2ghz? *drool* ;)

Yes imagine the SPEED!!!! My guess is that the OMAP won't take as high clock speeds, but won't need to to be as fast.

Evo 3d wins

Overall package yes I agree. Purely based on speed I'm gonna have to go LG on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisnan