EVO's 4G Camcorder Sound Quality Bad...

Palmac06

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I do apologize in-advance if this issue has been raised before, but I am just really curious of why the playback sound quality is terrible. I mean, my old phone, Palm Pre every had crystal clear playback sounds. Is this some HTC issue or just in-general issue with Android OS itself...? Really I would so love to use my camcorder, but having a sound quality like that just gets to me. I hope their will be some type of update to fix this issue...

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It sounded OK on mine the last time I checked. Maybe your phone microphone doesn't work well when recording. You should take it to a repair center to have them diagnosed the problem.

Palmac06

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It sounded OK on mine the last time I checked. Maybe your phone microphone doesn't work well when recording. You should take it to a repair center to have them diagnosed the problem.

Nope, I've tested it out on my brother's evo, my coworkers,s evo and my friend's evo. They all record with bad sound quality ... I Google it and turns out its not just me ... many other people are not getting crystal clear sound from the camcorder.... as if you were to get from the iPhone. Can this just be Android OS? I think they need to do some type of software update ...

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I go to a lot of concerts and my buddies iphone records the audio almost perfectly and my evo its so distorted that its not worth posting the videos. Quality is night and day in difference. sucks. I heard it was the codec it uses.. Might be fixable with software tweaks?

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if its a limitation. Probably not, just a setting. But the bitrate the EVO allocates to audio while recording audio is crazy low. Thats the problem.

Just looked at a 720p video I made with my EVO. Video bitrate is 8123kbps. But the audio bitrate is only 12kbps. There is the problem.

Palmac06

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its a limitation. Probably not, just a setting. But the bitrate the EVO allocates to audio while recording audio is crazy low. Thats the problem.

Just looked at a 720p video I made with my EVO. Video bitrate is 8123kbps. But the audio bitrate is only 12kbps. There is the problem.

Yeah that is the problem. Does anyone know with their will be some type of software update to improve the sound quality or will Android 2.3 will fix this issue???

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if there are third-party camera apps that would work.

Using a voice recorder app, the sound quality seems to be much better than those in the video. That's encouraging, that it appears to be more of a software thing as opposed to a hardware limitation.

Palmac06

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if there are third-party camera apps that would work.

Using a voice recorder app, the sound quality seems to be much better than those in the video. That's encouraging, that it appears to be more of a software thing as opposed to a hardware limitation.

Is there some type of app on the market that u can buy??

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree the audio you get when recording video is a joke, and the video is only usable in outdoor light. I know it's only a phone, but why put HD video functionality with such crappy audio and crappy low light performance.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness