Extra calibration option for washed out colors?

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just have a quick question about if there is any extra calibration options for the colors on the display?

I was comparing my OP6 with my S9+ and with another OP6 and colors seems a little washed out in mine, for example is very noticeable on the quick settings panel or on gray apps such as Netflix or spotify, on my friend's OP6 seems like a very dark gray almost black while on mine seems almost like a gray on an LCD screen, also other colors such as blue or red look more vivid on his, I have attached a few pictures for comparison, the pictures were taken using the "default" mode in screen calibration settings and with the same level of brightness on both.

My questions is if there is any other more advanced calibration settings to make colors more vivid and darker blacks on my display? Even if they look oversaturated and "not real" like in samsung devices that is what I'm looking for.

I'm getting an error of files to large to process but I've uploaded to Dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/04cmxdeikv34e1e/AAB8GlY0MAF3aLO3wXqyIX1Wa?dl=0

Thanks!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just have a quick question about if there is any extra calibration options for the colors on the display?

I was comparing my OP6 with my S9+ and with another OP6 and colors seems a little washed out in mine, for example is very noticeable on the quick settings panel or on gray apps such as Netflix or spotify, on my friend's OP6 seems like a very dark gray almost black while on mine seems almost like a gray on an LCD screen, also other colors such as blue or red look more vivid on his, I have attached a few pictures for comparison, the pictures were taken using the "default" mode in screen calibration settings and with the same level of brightness on both.

My questions is if there is any other more advanced calibration settings to make colors more vivid and darker blacks on my display? Even if they look oversaturated and "not real" like in samsung devices that is what I'm looking for.

I'm getting an error of files to large to process but I've uploaded to Dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/04cmxdeikv34e1e/AAB8GlY0MAF3aLO3wXqyIX1Wa?dl=0

Thanks!
Can really tell the difference in quality. Maybe you should be talking to OnePlus customer service about this.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I'll try contacting them, I think it may be just calibration because screen looks totally fine after using it for a while most of the time looks good, it's only. comparing them side by side you can tell the difference because the other oneplus has darker, more pronounced colors

Do you have an OP6? if so, how does it look?