extreme battery saver use

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm experimenting with using extreme battery saver as a Do Not Disturb alternative in our P5 and P4a 5G. Essentially you can configure it to allow whatever apps you want or not to run in the background and send you notifications. This might combine DND along with awesome battery life.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I been thinking about it as well and been really wanting to try disabling all apps except things like emails, txt and video calls. The rest like instagram, facebook means really any other all's except tapatalk ofcourse I don't care to see notifications and only really want to see then when I open them. I might give it a try as well.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The only reason I haven't tried because I'm getting 2 day battery and when the regular battery save kicks in at 30% getting 3 days .

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I haven't tried because I'm getting 2 day battery and when the regular battery save kicks in at 30% getting 3 days .
Yeah same here I haven't had the need for battery saver and why I haven't care to use it. I have my battery at the default 15% but i think I might move it up to 30% probably makes more sense.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah same here I haven't had the need for battery saver and why I haven't care to use it. I have my battery at the default 15% but i think I might move it up to 30% probably makes more sense.
Yeah , this phone a battery beast !

speeddad

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
I am really liking the Extreme Battery Saver. If I go through the whole day with it turned on about 80% of the time, I still have 75-80% battery left at the end of a long day. I like that it disables all apps but essential ones (phone, text, camera, and I set Outlook--for email--as an essential app too). It grays out the icons for all apps that are turned off, but if you want to use one, you just open it as normal and it asks you if you want to temporarily turn it on, and then it turns it back off after a few minutes. This is nice so you don't have to keep turning extreme battery saver off and on when you need to quickly use an app.

I put the battery saver in my top shortcuts tray, so I can just swipe down from the top to quickly enable/disable battery saver and data saver, then just click the notification to turn on Extreme battery saver. Not only does this save A LOT of battery, but it also keeps unwanted apps from constantly doing stuff in the background.

I also turned on the "Turn Over Phone" to enter DND mode which I love having.

The P5 is no slouch on battery. Even without battery saver enabled, I get through a whole day and still have 55-60% battery left, but with Extreme it's about 20% more battery. This is easily a 2-day phone between charges. Almost reminds me of my old BlackBerry days when I could go 3 days easy between charges.

One last bit... I have only plugged into this phone's USB-C port once, and that was when I set it up the phone out of the box and did my data transfer. The rest of the time it's been charged on the Google wireless charging stand, and I've had the phone a month now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am really liking the Extreme Battery Saver. If I go through the whole day with it turned on about 80% of the time, I still have 75-80% battery left at the end of a long day. I like that it disables all apps but essential ones (phone, text, camera, and I set Outlook--for email--as an essential app too). It grays out the icons for all apps that are turned off, but if you want to use one, you just open it as normal and it asks you if you want to temporarily turn it on, and then it turns it back off after a few minutes. This is nice so you don't have to keep turning extreme battery saver off and on when you need to quickly use an app.

I put the battery saver in my top shortcuts tray, so I can just swipe down from the top to quickly enable/disable battery saver and data saver, then just click the notification to turn on Extreme battery saver. Not only does this save A LOT of battery, but it also keeps unwanted apps from constantly doing stuff in the background.

I also turned on the "Turn Over Phone" to enter DND mode which I love having.

The P5 is no slouch on battery. Even without battery saver enabled, I get through a whole day and still have 55-60% battery left, but with Extreme it's about 20% more battery. This is easily a 2-day phone between charges. Almost reminds me of my old BlackBerry days when I could go 3 days easy between charges.

One last bit... I have only plugged into this phone's USB-C port once, and that was when I set it up the phone out of the box and did my data transfer. The rest of the time it's been charged on the Google wireless charging stand, and I've had the phone a month now.
It's great feature for sure , glad they finally implemented this .

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah , this phone a battery beast !

I set my extreme battery saver mode to kick in at 35% which does make the battery last longer. You said if you were to set your battery save at 30% you'd bet 3 days probably of battery? How would you accomplish that? lol. I'm trying to get the most out of my battery of course!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I set my extreme battery saver mode to kick in at 35% which does make the battery last longer. You said if you were to set your battery save at 30% you'd bet 3 days probably of battery? How would you accomplish that? lol. I'm trying to get the most out of my battery of course!
I haven't used extreme, could imagine what I get with that lol, just normal battery save kicks on at 35 % I get about 5 to 6 SOT but most of the time lately it's 2 days or 2.5 days , can't seem to get 3 days normally like I was getting.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used extreme, could imagine what I get with that lol, just normal battery save kicks on at 35 % I get about 5 to 6 SOT but most of the time lately it's 2 days or 2.5 days , can't seem to get 3 days normally like I was getting.

See, even with my normal usage which is pretty light, I'm getting 1 1/2 days and 2-3 hours of SOT... Am I doing something wrong here? lol I mean the battery is a beast but I'm not getting these massive amounts of SOT with my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
See, even with my normal usage which is pretty light, I'm getting 1 1/2 days and 2-3 hours of SOT... Am I doing something wrong here? lol I mean the battery is a beast but I'm not getting these massive amounts of SOT with my phone.
You have lot of apps /games ? Who's your carrier?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You have lot of apps /games ? Who's your carrier?

Hey Mustang dude! I've got Verizon... Honestly, barely any apps on my phone. I have BOA app, Duo Mobile for work, Slack for work, Tapatalk but I've restricted background activity for it for battery usage. No games at all. At most, I would put 1 puzzle game on my phone. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. I'll direct message you about it...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey Mustang dude! I've got Verizon... Honestly, barely any apps on my phone. I have BOA app, Duo Mobile for work, Slack for work, Tapatalk but I've restricted background activity for it for battery usage. No games at all. At most, I would put 1 puzzle game on my phone. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. I'll direct message you about it...
Ok

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene