Facebook Update

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I am running the Debloated/Deodexed version of EB01 and I am trying to get the new Facebook update and I can't. It keeps saying that there are errors. I think it is because it is in the system/app folder. I don't know, anyway any help from you guys?

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
And I just did a big no no. I erased the .apk from the system/app folder to see if that was it and now it is saying that the update is an incompatible update. I think I just screwed up facebook for my phone.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get the update, but all I'm getting now is FC's. I actually started getting FC's this evening before I even updated, but it was working fine earlier today.

djp952

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
And I just did a big no no. I erased the .apk from the system/app folder to see if that was it and now it is saying that the update is an incompatible update. I think I just screwed up facebook for my phone.

Have you tried rebooting the device and going back into the Market (or force closing the Market and going back in)? It should pick up that Facebook is no longer installed and let you (try to) download it again as a new app. Give the Market a bit of time before giving up, sometimes I've noticed it doesn't pick up changes you made outside of it right away.

djp952

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get the update, but all I'm getting now is FC's. I actually started getting FC's this evening before I even updated, but it was working fine earlier today.

This appears to be a common issue with the latest update. I tried a clear data, uninstall, and manually removing it's directory from dbdata and it still bombed. I restored the previous version (1.5.1) from backup and it seems stable enough again.

(Shouldn't this be in a different forum?)

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I actually found the .apk from another android website and just put it in the system/app folder and rebooted and it works now. I guess this is what I am going to have to do I guess unless it fixes itself. But Gmail and youtube, which I believe are in there too have updated easily. Weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeuchytil