Factory Unlocked phone on Verizon

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
re:

Yes, and acc. to what Almeut had said, it shouldn't matter either. Or, at least, this is how I understood him.
Almeut is very knowledgeable person, 2nd is it probably work do to LTE but you go in area's where non LTE say like 3g it probably won't .

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Yes, and acc. to what Almeut had said, it shouldn't matter either. Or, at least, this is how I understood him.

Do you know anyone on any other carrier? Like an AT&T person with an AT&T only phone that may be unlocked. Pop your SIM in there and it will work .. no doubts.

I mean at this point it is really up to you. I wouldn't lie about this to someone. Verizon activates LTE only phones -- it is literally why things like the OnePlus will work on Verizon. CDMA is dead in less then 6 months .. those people are held up in 2010.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

More info on using a no CDMA phone on Verizon...

https://www.androidauthority.com/verizon-oneplus-6t-how-to-922365/

Without getting overly technical, the CDMA wireless standard is on the outs, and Verizon mostly relies on the 4G LTE standard instead. If you simply do a SIM card swap, it appears Verizon will default your device as a CDMA phone.

However, the OnePlus 6T isn’t a CDMA phone, it’s an LTE phone.

To be clear, if you do a quick SIM swap, the OnePlus 6T will still mostly work — but certain things will be wonky and some things won’t work at all. In order to get everything up and running, you’ll need to call Verizon support and tell them the device is CDMA-less. Once they switch the profile, your OnePlus 6T should work just fine in minutes.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao