Fast charger

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi. So I was wondering if the chargers that came with pixel 2xl and 4xl are no longer sufficient to fast charge the 6. My pixel 6 doesn't seem to charge fast on those chergers. I left my phone on one for around 45 mins and it only went up like 26%. I was expecting it to have charged more by that point. If it's the charger, what is a good charger I can get? Thanks.

Interestingly enough my iPhone 12 that I charged the same time was 30% to full within that time. My pixel 6 went from 24% to 50%. I also noticed in my car that when I was using the maps and music, while I had my phone connected to the charger, the % actually went down after 20 mins of driving. I didn't even notice it until I stopped and looked I was in the 30s when I started at 47%. I got a new fast charger for my car but haven't tested that so hopefully that one is better.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
In settings>Battery>Adaptive settings is Adaptive charging turned on? try turning it off if it is.

The pixel 6 can charge faster than the 18W charger that came with the 4XL, but ift shouldn't be taking that long and the difference shouldn't be enough to be worth investing in a new charger..

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
In settings>Battery>Adaptive settings is Adaptive charging turned on? try turning it off if it is.

The pixel 6 can charge faster than the 18W charger that came with the 4XL, but ift shouldn't be taking that long and the difference shouldn't be enough to be worth investing in a new charger..
Yea that was on. I'll turn it off and see how it goes. That looks important though to keep my battery life span.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site

So I turned that thing off and it didn't seem to make much of a difference. 30 mins got me 20%. Is that normal for this phone?

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It's it possible that you might have an app or a process that is running rogue in the background and sucking up battery faster than it can charge? Can you check your battery stats to see what has the most drain on your battery. Have you tried restarting your phone to see if that makes a difference? And gently, using a toothpick, clean out your charging port. It could be that you have a poor connection.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
It's it possible that you might have an app or a process that is running rogue in the background and sucking up battery faster than it can charge? Can you check your battery stats to see what has the most drain on your battery. Have you tried restarting your phone to see if that makes a difference? And gently, using a toothpick, clean out your charging port. It could be that you have a poor connection.
All the apps that used my battery are apps that are only run when I use them. I'll keep an eye out in the next day and see. I still haven't had a chance to try the new car charger.

JStu313

May 26, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, heat is the enemy of Pixel 6 battery charging... more so than any other phone I've had. If your phone is even remotely warm (with a case on) chances are your charging is being throttled to protect the battery. If I had to guess, that's the reason for the issues in your car.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So I turned that thing off and it didn't seem to make much of a difference. 30 mins got me 20%. Is that normal for this phone?

That depends where you started. All phones charge slower as the battery gets full, but in my experience this is even mor noticeable with the Pixel 6.

The first 50% charges quite quickly, the last 50% charges

v

e

r

y

s

l

o

w

l

y

Forum statistics