Feb 7th?!?! What do you think?

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The 3d will require android 2.2, which samsung will push to you "soon in the near future" next year. So yeah, itll be the industry-first big con.

...oh yeah, but you'll still have to pay the 3d tax/fee in the mean time. :)

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I guess it must be a device announcement because they just unleashed all the "bad" plan pricing changes. I think this puts more pressure on them to really have something thats a game changer since a number of people are not happy that their rates will go up $10 and they cannot get a full upgrade every year (unless u meet certain conditions)

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I guess it must be a device announcement because they just unleashed all the "bad" plan pricing changes. I think this puts more pressure on them to really have something thats a game changer since a number of people are not happy that their rates will go up $10 and they cannot get a full upgrade every year (unless u meet certain conditions)

All of their 'bad' changes are still better than the ones that att and verizon are/have put into place.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
All of their 'bad' changes are still better than the ones that att and verizon are/have put into place.

I agree. It just wont get them any good press or additional customers. Thats why I'm really hoping they have something good to announce that will make people forget (at least temporarily)about this. Its like they had to get this out of the way.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree. It just wont get them any good press or additional customers. Thats why I'm really hoping they have something good to announce that will make people forget (at least temporarily)about this. Its like they had to get this out of the way.

Why is it that Sprint gets bad press for things that are lesser evils and vzw and att get off scott free basically? Less people piss and moan about vzw and att changes and then they do about sprints. When sprint changes something, even as little as $10 then people are all over it like a fat kid on cake.

TinGodz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that Sprint gets bad press for things that are lesser evils and vzw and att get off scott free basically? Less people piss and moan about vzw and att changes and then they do about sprints. When sprint changes something, even as little as $10 then people are all over it like a fat kid on cake.

You couldn't be any further from the truth. When VZW hiked up their ETF, everyone was all over that. When VZW shortened their return policy, everyone was all over that. When VZW changed their upgrade policy, everyone was all over that.

AT&T's service has always sucked and everyone has always been all over that.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
You couldn't be any further from the truth. When VZW hiked up their ETF, everyone was all over that. When VZW shortened their return policy, everyone was all over that. When VZW changed their upgrade policy, everyone was all over that.

AT&T's service has always sucked and everyone has always been all over that.

Forum people are 'all over it' for a short time. But with 'media and blogs' it is worse when Sprint does anything.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
No company will ever get good press for raising rates in the consumers eyes. Thats just expected. I think its interesting because the closer they are to verizon's plans, the worse it'll be for them. Its just like Apple. I felt that one of the reasons the Galaxy tab didn't do as well was it was priced too close to the Ipad. What will help Sprint is if Verizon comes out with an additional $10/20 charge for LTE phones. Sprint wouldn't look as bad then

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Sprint is raising the rates just because they are trying to make more of a buck, I think it's because they need to keep their network up to snuff to be able to cope with all the new smart phone users out there. Just think back 2 years, hardly anyone had a smartphone, now every one of my friends has one, and not just the male part of my group of friends, most of the females do too. Rapidly rising demand for data necessiates them having to charge more, it's just the way it is.

TinGodz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Forum people are 'all over it' for a short time. But with 'media and blogs' it is worse when Sprint does anything.

That's not true. Maybe the sites you have visited were only bashing Sprint because they were VZW fanboys or something. I've seen several sites where the article was unbiased but the readers/comments were bashing the crap out of VZW for everything they did. Just depends on where you look.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
That's not true. Maybe the sites you have visited were only bashing Sprint because they were VZW fanboys or something. I've seen several sites where the article was unbiased but the readers/comments were bashing the crap out of VZW for everything they did. Just depends on where you look.

I guess it is how you read articles and your perception.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to take a wild guess and say, they're announcing the HP WebOS tablet.
HP is announcing it on the 9th.. and Sprint was the first to have the WebOS phone...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to take a wild guess and say, they're announcing the HP WebOS tablet.
HP is announcing it on the 9th.. and Sprint was the first to have the WebOS phone...

Is that why all the Android specific blogs are invited? Why would HP have their own press event if the cat was being let out of the sack at the Sprint event?

Your theory makes no sense.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Is that why all the Android specific blogs are invited? Why would HP have their own press event if the cat was being let out of the sack at the Sprint event?

Your theory makes no sense.

I haven't a clue as to who's invited or not, so I didn't know it was all the Android specific blogs that were only invited.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't a clue as to who's invited or not, so I didn't know it was all the Android specific blogs that were only invited.

Sorry, I read all of them, which is why I know. Of course the blogs that cover everyone are invited too, Engadget, BGR, etc...

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
HTC Hero 2: FFC. 3.5 Screen, Dual Flash 8MP Camera running 2.2 with an upgrade for 2.3 coming.

A Motorola Evo phone

Nexus S CDMA

and 2 other new phones + 2new tabs.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
HTC Hero 2: FFC. 3.5 Screen, Dual Flash 8MP Camera running 2.2 with an upgrade for 2.3 coming.

A Motorola Evo phone

Nexus S CDMA

and 2 other new phones + 2new tabs.

Do you have an insider friend, or is that what you're guessing is going to happen?

Not sure why they would resurrect the Hero name and why they would use such a small screen. A Nexus S I suppose would be a possibility, I don't care about tablets, so the only thing I'd root for is the Motorola Evo phone, I wouldn't be too upset with a Sprint version of the Atrix, although a bigger screen would be nice.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have an insider friend, or is that what you're guessing is going to happen?

Not sure why they would resurrect the Hero name and why they would use such a small screen. A Nexus S I suppose would be a possibility, I don't care about tablets, so the only thing I'd root for is the Motorola Evo phone, I wouldn't be too upset with a Sprint version of the Atrix, although a bigger screen would be nice.

Well the hero line was huge over seas for the longest time as i recall. I heard they were working on the hero 2. And maybe for the small touch screen is it might not be a top line android. Maybe more of a mid level like the optimus line. Who knows.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

bigdatl

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's network related also. Simutaneous voice & data over CDMA (SVDO). I think thats a software upgrade and that could have flown under the radar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver