Feb 7th?!?! What do you think?

bigdatl

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
How about the network. Simultaneous voice and data over CDMA (SVDO) Triple the capacity of the current network. Software upgrade, that would have gone unnoticed. Increase in price for all smart phones to cover cost.

Heroevo

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what to think

I have a upgrade coming up next week and my hero is on its last days. I was at radio shack today and they told me that there are no new droid phones due out for a while. I asked them about the BIG announcement on the 7th and they hinted it that they thought it was more of a network announcement than anything. They also shot down any type of tablet being announced.

I just can't see Sprint going though all of this with the invites going to android sites and New York and celebrities for just a network announcement.

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I wish it was some phones.
I got a call from the local Sprint store I do business with the other day saying I was due for an upgrade. I bought the Evo on launch with another lines upgrade. THe rep said you can get a new phone and I said "why would I do that, I have the best one Sprint offers" Sprint needs to keep getting more. I asked the Rep what would I upgrade to, and he said "the evo shift" I laughed and he said yeah I know. Ok have a good day. He knew there was no phone for me to upgrade too.

GoneTomorrow

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a relative who works for Sprint, and he can't tell me! He says that Sprint is super cereal about keeping the news a secret. He says Sprint hasn't told anyone that he works with. I hope it's something worthwhile for all the hype!

Reactions: covingwc

MemBirdman

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what to think

I have a upgrade coming up next week and my hero is on its last days.

I'm in the same boat. My upgrade comes up next Tuesday. I'm pretty committed to getting an Evo, but if it looks like it's going to be a plan or network announcement, I want to wait before I get into a new two-year deal.

Reactions: Heroevo

Heroevo

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree the Evo sounds like the way to go at this point...

I just can't believe some of the stuff that I have read in some of the other boards. I actually read tonight that Sprint will be announcing network updates along with a new Tablet. To celebrate the "first" in the announcement they are going to announce that Radio Shack will be selling the "First" 4G phone (Evo) for a $1.00. This was on the Sprint forum on Sprint.com

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It cant be a webOS phone cause HP is having its own thing and Sprint will not spoil it for them. Industry first can only mean 4G iPhone 5. And an Android phone. It can also be WiMax iPad. But it wont be HP/Palm, maybe something from HTC but I think most likely iPhone 5, they will say they are getting the first iPhone 5 with WiMax but cant show till 2 days later Apple will present it. Just a thought.

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Some sort of optimus 2x or atrix please :( i hate sprint, its getting hard seeing all the other companies get a billion news phones..

had the evo since the first day, im itching bad to have a new toy... with 2 cores

Q-fugee

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I am hearing that to keep it super-secret no one on the inside knows what it is. Only executives. Instead, they will announce on 2/7 and then give worker bees 90 days to bust their humps to make it work. They aren't telling external software development partners, that's for sure. Not that any of my stuff would benefit.

Given the "industry first" and "magic" theme of the announcement, I'm putting my money on an Android with a Nintendo 3DS-like screen. The fact that RIM already shot their wad at CES, VZW and Apple already claimed their stake, and HP's last gasp for WebOS day is 2/9, there's isn't much left that could be exclusive to Sprint and still be "magical" or "industry first."

--Qfg

Heroevo

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I stopped and had a chat at the Sprint store tonight. The CSR that I talked with stated he had not heard anything as of yet as to what the announcement may be. But did state that he didn't think it would be a new phone as they usually have training on new phones several months ahead of any release. He did bring up the new window's phone about to come out.

I think I am going to go ahead and get the EVO as my Hero will not last until May. \

Does anyone know if you can still change your plan at anytime. Its been awhile since I have had to change.

Also one other thing that he mentioned was that he had talked to someone at HTC and they were getting ready within weeks of a update for the Evo.. I asked if it could be the Droid 2.3 upgrade he stated it could be. He had heard it was close.

Reach here.. First 4G phone with droid 2.3?

Last edited:

maxstier

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I stopped and had a chat at the Sprint store tonight. The CSR that I talked with stated he had not heard anything as of yet as to what the announcement may be. But did state that he didn't think it would be a new phone as they usually have training on new phones several months ahead of any release. He did bring up the new window's phone about to come out.

I think I am going to go ahead and get the EVO as my Hero will not last until May. \

Does anyone know if you can still change your plan at anytime. Its been awhile since I have had to change.

Also one other thing that he mentioned was that he had talked to someone at HTC and they were getting ready within weeks of a update for the Evo.. I asked if it could be the Droid 2.3 upgrade he stated it could be. He had heard it was close.

Reach here.. First 4G phone with droid 2.3?
Hey heroevo, did you get any availability dates/other details from the rep on that windows phone? I assume it was the HTC 7 Pro that we've seen

Heroevo

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thats a fact.

The confusion is one of the reasons I decided to go with the EVO.. At this point which is less than 2 weeks from the announcement you would think there would be some type of leak or info as to what it maybe.

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
sucks having an upgrade in the middle of a lull.

hey, this is random, but why didn't Nokia buy Palm and Webos before HP? their software sucks and they wouldn't have to start from scratch. also, they could just put it on all their phones and be relevant again.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It has to be a dual core EVO with Gorilla glass and some type of new screen technology.

Why does it have to? Because my wife has and EVO, my daughter has an Epic and I have a Pre -- I need something to be better than what they have. ;)

Q-fugee

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Another thread in the "rumored phone" forum speculates that it is a dual-screen device. That sounds more plausible than 3D.

It's not a BB or WP7 device. They are specifically saying that it is something that has not been shown publicly before at any trade show or other event.

--Qfg