Find My Mobile notifications

An2net

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Have been testing out this feature and want to know if you can stop notifications from alerting potential thief that the phone is being located. Kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion. I’ve turned off notifications it they’re still popping up??

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to disable these notifications for safety reasons (just as much as this is useful in real theft situation, it can also be used by someone who gained access to your credentials to track you).

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
@SpookDroid is correct. However, you can do the next best thing. That is, disable the thief's ability to switch off data/Wifi, and disable access to the power menu, thus preventing them from inhibiting Find My Mobile tracking. This can be done either with the Lock Screen Protector app or via MacroDroid.

Here's the macro I created in MacroDroid that duplicates the function of the Lock Screen Protector app:
1708008407586.png
A few notes regarding the macro:
  1. The triggers represent the actual wording of your first Quick-settings button in the notification drop down, and the text within the Power screen. Change the Trigger screen content text to match your first Quick-setting; ditto for the verbiage to shut off your phone in the Power screen, if different from what's shown.
  2. When configuring the 'Power off' trigger, select the "Include overlays" option, as the power menu is a pop-up overlay.
  3. When configuring the triggers, set the screen update rate to the shortest available time available on your device (0.1 second in my case). This ensures that the screen goes off before the thief has time to do anything. This time setting will only be for this macro, not globally, so battery drain from such a short update rate will not be an issue.

Reactions: SpookDroid

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe