Fingerprint scanner

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's not as fast as the S9+ I had but it's still fairly fast. It's slowest from the AOD screen. If you double tap and then do it from the lock screen, it's much faster.

Punyawee Werasopon

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
On-screen fingerprint sensor is a bit disappointed. It needs a time to learn where to place the finger on. It needs a force or push from the finger to let the sensor work (not just touch). I hope samsung will fix this issue very soon. New technology but not better user experiences.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
On-screen fingerprint sensor is a bit disappointed. It needs a time to learn where to place the finger on. It needs a force or push from the finger to let the sensor work (not just touch). I hope samsung will fix this issue very soon. New technology but not better user experiences.

It's even worse with the WhiteStone Dome glass. So much so that I switched over to Facial recognition to unlock and only use the fingerprint with Samsung Pass.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
It was really slow to work when I first opened up the device and set it up a couple of days ago. But after subsequent overnight updates, it works pretty fast. It's not as fast as capacitive FPS but it's not slow either.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
It's even worse with the WhiteStone Dome glass. So much so that I switched over to Facial recognition to unlock and only use the fingerprint with Samsung Pass.

I was going to get a WhiteStone Dome glass screen protector for the S10+, but after seeing reviews on Amazon and your experience, I'm going to pass. I don't want a screen protector that negatively impacts the ultrasonic FPS.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Tested mine with WhiteStone next to a friend's without. No percievable difference.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Tested mine with WhiteStone next to a friend's without. No percievable difference.

I don't see how. I deleted all my old fingerprints as the instructions said and added all new ones multiple times and it's still a pain. I have to not only press the sensor dead center but I have to press so hard I feel the glass could potentially break.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't see how. I deleted all my old fingerprints as the instructions said and added all new ones multiple times and it's still a pain. I have to not only press the sensor dead center but I have to press so hard I feel the glass could potentially break.

Did your screen install go on with no bubbles anywhere? I find after few days of really curing and RERGISTER prints it works fine.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Did your screen install go on with no bubbles anywhere? I find after few days of really curing and RERGISTER prints it works fine.

Yes it went on great. There's only 3 very tiny bubbles maybe the size of a piece of sand under the screen but it's on the upper part of the screen nowhere near the fingerprint sensor. I installed it last Monday and I cured it a lot probably upwards of 10 minutes total with the UV light.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The only time I have trouble is with dry skin

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes it went on great. There's only 3 very tiny bubbles maybe the size of a piece of sand under the screen but it's on the upper part of the screen nowhere near the fingerprint sensor. I installed it last Monday and I cured it a lot probably upwards of 10 minutes total with the UV light.
Yeah should be fine , mine works pretty much everytime, now I cant lay my thumb like how i did with the film , i do press slightly but it works everytime . My index finger gives issues sometimes dont understand why but just use thumb mainly. I never used face unlock at all .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It does seem better, but I'd say maybe 1 out of 4 times still says "No Match" and I still have to press pretty hard.
Damm first generation sensors lol
I dont see what else they can do in a update probably going be fine for some and finicky for others and changing from stock film will make it worse for those who already struggle with it .

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Damm first generation sensors lol
I dont see what else they can do in a update probably going be fine for some and finicky for others and changing from stock film will make it worse for those who already struggle with it .

I just won't feel confident showing people with older devices my new snazzy state-of-the-art in display fingerprint scanner anymore if it doesn't 100% work anymore lol would be pretty embarrassing if it fails while showing people. It worked flawlessly without the Dome glass. Oh well I'll mainly stick with the facial recognition and use the fps with Samsung Pass with minor errors.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just won't feel confident showing people with older devices my new snazzy state-of-the-art in display fingerprint scanner anymore if it doesn't 100% work anymore lol would be pretty embarrassing if it fails while showing people. It worked flawlessly without the Dome glass. Oh well I'll mainly stick with the facial recognition and use the fps with Samsung Pass with minor errors.

If you want to show off that fingerprint sensor just put lotion real quick that way it wont fail in the moment just dont let them see you lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunterm2