First Impressions

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Could we have a first impressions sticky please, some of us don't get our phones until Friday, others later so it would be good to hear people's views, especially the general public.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So far, love the camera. Set up was super easy. I'm finding the facial recognition to be lacking in comparison to the note 8. It's fast. Battery seems to be decent but Its hard to tell since doing all the set up.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
- This id definitely much faster than my Note 8
- Dolby Atmos makes the speaker sound much louder and clear
- Tried out bluetooth S-Pen and love it!
- Also love the Selfie mode with the depth of field and the camera is great

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My setup so far
83d57df9689bfe304309aa49b01c6620.jpg
76375bfb5b6379824da4ccd64aaca532.jpg

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
- This id definitely much faster than my Note 8
- Dolby Atmos makes the speaker sound much louder and clear
- Tried out bluetooth S-Pen and love it!
- Also love the Selfie mode with the depth of field and the camera is great

I wish Samsung would add a Quad Dac to their flagship phone's

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Wife just got hers. Traded in a Note 8. Now she's thinking of sending it back. Her Gear Sport won't read steps anymore. Paired and repaired the devices numerous times. Clear Cache, rebooted, restarted. She's a fitness freak, and if her fitness stuff don't work, she's not happy.
I'd hate to see her go to Apple.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Wife just got hers. Traded in a Note 8. Now she's thinking of sending it back. Her Gear Sport won't read steps anymore. Paired and repaired the devices numerous times. Clear Cache, rebooted, restarted. She's a fitness freak, and if her fitness stuff don't work, she's not happy.

Try clearing the cache

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine works fine. Took a while to pair, though. I had to unpair the note 8 first, then go through the pairing with note 9 several times before it took. The gear sport also reset itself because of the new phone connection. But now, working as normal.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
First impression is that this is all stock settings and is faster than my Note 8. Even without tuning transitions or other tweaks. Wifi is noticeably faster too. No issues pairing with my S3 frontier.

And my Spen is not neon yellow. It's more of a mustard color. I don't think it looks as bad as some have reported.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine works fine. Took a while to pair, though. I had to unpair the note 8 first, then go through the pairing with note 9 several times before it took. The gear sport also reset itself because of the new phone connection. But now, working as normal.
Yep you usually have to unpair them from the existing device before they will paper with another. At least in my past experiences

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
After the horrific debacle with Spritn and my Samsung factory unlocked Note 9, I walked into TMobile and got it onto a Prepaid accoutn without an issue and it's been smooth sailing since! Loving the phone. :) Great camera, smooth operation. I even got a used Gear S3 smart watch today and it paired right up, along with my bluetooth keyboard I'm typing on it right now.

Hellish day, but spectacular ending to the day once Tmobile saved my sanity. :)

sleepnclass

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
first impressions: A note 8 but much better. still wish I could have gotten a blue note 9 with a blue pen or a black note 9 but other than that this thing is awesome. just need Samsung to release that 512gb card

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
So far I like it. I like:

- that it's wider than the Note 8
- the camera improvements
- all the space (thanks to 128gb)

Still messing with it and setting things up.