Former Note 7 Owners: Now there will be an S7 in BLUE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm a bit surprised if this is indeed true. I know the coral blue was a popular color for the Note 7 so I could see it being an option on future phone models. And even though there will be a big run on S7 Edge's with all the Note 7 returns, I would be surprised to see them ad a color at this point in the phones life cycle. For sure I would expect it as an option for the S8 & S8 Edge. But I will believe it when I "really" see it for the S7 & S7 Edge.

Samsung adds special colors for phone all the time.

See Red for Note 4, Pink Gold for S7...etc

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly thinking about keeping my Note 7. I was actually thinking about holding on to it for at least two years anyway. I know resale value will be non-existent but I can only hope that it receives the Nougat upgrade, however unlikely.

If you want to reply to call me an *****, just please refrain. Any constructive responses are more than welcome. I know there have been a lot reports but with at least 2 million of these phones being used, the percentage of incidents is still small.

I honestly don't want the S7 Edge. As similar as it is (it's honestly missing quite a bit IMO), it feels like a serious step back. The Pixel XL renders my 256 GB SD card useless, even though I'm hearing it performs amazingly well. It also doesn't have wireless charging and I'd have to get the 128 GB version (more $) I had a V10 but the V20 really doesn't seem like it would make me happy after owning the Note 7. Maybe I will feel differently when I hold it in my hand.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly thinking about keeping my Note 7. I was actually thinking about holding on to it for at least two years anyway. I know resale value will be non-existent but I can only hope that it receives the Nougat upgrade, however unlikely.

If you want to reply to call me an *****, just please refrain. Any constructive responses are more than welcome. I know there have been a lot reports but with at least 2 million of these phones being used, the percentage of incidents is still small.

I honestly don't want the S7 Edge. As similar as it is (it's honestly missing quite a bit IMO), it feels like a serious step back. The Pixel XL renders my 256 GB SD card useless, even though I'm hearing it performs amazingly well. It also doesn't have wireless charging and I'd have to get the 128 GB version (more $) I had a V10 but the V20 really doesn't seem like it would make me happy after owning the Note 7. Maybe I will feel differently when I hold it in my hand.

The only thing I will say is that putting yourself in danger is one thing and your call, but putting others in danger (no matter how small the probability) is a completely different thing, and should not be your call.

Couple of other comments:

There are already reports of forced SW upgrades that are disabling features such as being able to use the Note 7 in the Gear VR. How long do you think it will be before a forced update keeps you from using the phone in any meaningful way?

I agree that there is no alternatives out there that currently suits my needs. I got it because it was one of the few devices that was compatible with the current gen Gear VR headset and it had the onboard memory (64GB) to handle the massive footprint of those apps. My carrier does not offer a compatible device with 64GB so I am stuck until Samsung comes out with their next gen device.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
As fickle as it sounds, this would make switching back to the S7 Edge easier for me. I'd sell the gold one I owned and get the coral blue, like my Note7 :(

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
It'll never come to T-Mobile before Christmas. Long after I got rid of my N7.

No reason it shouldn't arrive to T-Mobile before Christmas, if it's coming to T-Mobile at all. If T-Mobile is one of the carriers getting this, I'd guess it arrives even before Thanksgiving.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That's good. For me, with Verizon, it was too late to get the S7edge on the Annual Upgrade Program and I was not going to be bound to another phone when the one I want is released. I also figured the cost of the refurb was the same as a year in payments so instead of giving Verizon a phone back after I spent $400 in payments, I can sell it for a few hundred.

With the issues on the Note 7 the upgrade was canceled. So you could had

Status
Not open for further replies.