Froyo update

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i may be wrong but if one roots their phone and also updates to 2.2 at the same time why worrry about a OTA update.. they have to let ev 1 with the device to be updated to not make any calls or use the phone for anything while the update happens.. so if i root and i plan to and get 2.2 along with the root.. when they offer a new update i will just stick with the android croud and ride the waves with them..
i currently own a Fascinate,, love the phone,, but hate to feel left out in the cold or better yet i am not a mushroom,, so unless i hear other wise.. root n update placing the fascinate in my hands and some what away fromm verizons hands..

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well enough is enough...stopped in the USCC store Saturday and was told end of March at best now! The tech kinda hinted all the little issues with the Desire upgrade, ( they are now having all users bring in their phones to have the tech upgrade them!), and some of the other Galaxy S models has given USCC pause and they want to test a bit longer to certify the update, so when i got home Froyo leak went on my Mes! I had downloaded all the needed files and had them ready to go so in a matter of about an hour which included backup, 2.2.1 was up and running!
Froyo is nice, but you will do well to not expect miracles, it will seem REALLY fast at first but keep in mind this is with a clean slate and will gradually start to slow a bit to a more realistic pace when you actually load all your apps and setup your accounts again! While flash and Apps to SD are nice , the many little improvements AND the new browser speed have been the nicest upgrade to me! Have yet to test the battery life directly, but I would expect it to be a bit less then 2.1 while I play with the setup on 2.2 and get used to all of the little diferences. I would be surprised if the battery performance wasn't on par with 2.1 once I get this optimized like my 2.1 setup! All in all, I'm liking this a lot but again don't expect this to be a HUGE bump like it is in the HTC phones!
Also, odin is about as idiot proof as an upgrade gets! just read everything 3 times and make sure you understand it all!

Cheers

Reactions: john_v

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Have to agree with jokout...the upgrade process is very idiot proof, as long as you read all the instructions and follow them exactly! Am now running froyo!

Well enough is enough...stopped in the USCC store Saturday and was told end of March at best now! The tech kinda hinted all the little issues with the Desire upgrade, ( they are now having all users bring in their phones to have the tech upgrade them!), and some of the other Galaxy S models has given USCC pause and they want to test a bit longer to certify the update, so when i got home Froyo leak went on my Mes! I had downloaded all the needed files and had them ready to go so in a matter of about an hour which included backup, 2.2.1 was up and running!
Froyo is nice, but you will do well to not expect miracles, it will seem REALLY fast at first but keep in mind this is with a clean slate and will gradually start to slow a bit to a more realistic pace when you actually load all your apps and setup your accounts again! While flash and Apps to SD are nice , the many little improvements AND the new browser speed have been the nicest upgrade to me! Have yet to test the battery life directly, but I would expect it to be a bit less then 2.1 while I play with the setup on 2.2 and get used to all of the little diferences. I would be surprised if the battery performance wasn't on par with 2.1 once I get this optimized like my 2.1 setup! All in all, I'm liking this a lot but again don't expect this to be a HUGE bump like it is in the HTC phones!
Also, odin is about as idiot proof as an upgrade gets! just read everything 3 times and make sure you understand it all!

Cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis