G3 on Lollipop: Nova or Stock?

RLewy

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I've found that the G3 just runs a lot smoother on the stock system as opposed to on Nova Prime. This wasn't the case on kitt Matt but Nova doesn't seem to like lollipop

Posted via the Android Central App

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Im running stock it does the job perfectly for me, plus i rely too much on the double tap on the home screen to turn off feature.

Last edited:

benosa562

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Was running stock for awhile then switched to nova, it seems to run much smoother! Yes you lose double tap anywhere to lock, but you could still do it if you double tap the status bar

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
How about double tap to wake, does that work with Nova.
I couldn't get it to, so I went back to stock, does a perfectly good job for me also.

Thanks,
Fred

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Im running stock it does the job perfectly for me, plus i rely too much on the double tap on the home screen to turn off feature.

Was running stock for awhile then switched to nova, it seems to run much smoother! Yes you lose double tap anywhere to lock, but you could still do it if you double tap the status bar

How about double tap to wake, does that work with Nova.
I couldn't get it to, so I went back to stock, does a perfectly good job for me also.

Thanks,
Fred

If you guys have bought Nova Prime, on the gestures - double tap, you can download an app called Screen Off. That solved my problem when I moved to Nova.

RLewy

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
You dont lose it. Make your double tap gesture open "screen off and lock" app. Works seemlessly.

systemind

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I've nova premium and used it in all my phones including the lg g2. Now that I've an lg g3 I've been using stock Launcher. It's better than how it was in the g2. Might use nova later on when I get bored, but so far I love stock.

draskome

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've usred stock only on G2 and G3, and yesterday I've switched to Nova premium together with free SwitchOff app, in order to keep double tap to screen-off functionality.
Nova works very nice with G3, and it is noticeably better than stock launcher.

Richard Rigby

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Tried Nova on my G3 and then removed it for the following reason.
Had to load several extra apps to get same performance.

1. Screen off as already mentioned,
2. A calendar widget, since nova won't show very good LG calendar widget
3. A weather widget since nova won't show very good LG weather widget

Didn't really see much improvement in performance and including Nova these apps use up a lot of space on the SD Card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene