Galaxy Gear In Stock at Best Buy 10/4

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Good luck getting a gear now !!!! sold out almost everywhere.

Dam, the black Gear is going crazy on Ebay..I am looking at one now, a black one for $375 with $22 shipping, which has 1 bid, and 20 hours for the auction to be over..

Dag, I am not going to let them tempt to sell my Gear for TWICE the price.. I will not be tempted.. :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Congrats! Glad you were able to get it price matched, that's a great deal especially from BB since you earn points. I too would give another shot at another BB store with the screenshots, but ALL the BB stores within the radius of the huge City of Chicago are out of stock.

After I got off the phone with the BB that told me they would price match, I told my supervisor that I had a tech emergency and I need the rest of the day off. :D. I haulazzed down to that store.

When you call or at a store and they don't have one, the thing to do is to have them search on their computer to what stores in your area have them.. The way they are selling I should have got 2 of them. My wife has a S4 and she is going to be clamoring for one I know...

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
To Ian B, and the rest of the posters that posted screen shots of BestBuy honoring Tmobile's 30% off, even though it has ended, just want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU.

I copied several screen shots, and the one the store took a glance at was the one from Ian B, and never a doubt. Even got the black Galaxy Gear that I wanted.. BestBuy let me have it today for the $209+taxes on the strength of me saying that Tmobile is discounting the Gear at 30% and a flash of the screen shot.. I think it comes down to a manager's call. I have seen posters who said they went to Bestbuy and the manager didn't budge. Whereas, I took a shot and if they had told me they coudln't do it, that was it. I had just placed my order for the black Note 3, that will be here in 3 days. I went to the closest BB store, and asked would they price match? They said sure..Okay, I want black. They didn't have black, but he checked other stores and told me that a store about 5 miles away has 3 black Gears. Didn't want to travel that 5 miles for nothing I called first. Spoke to a saleslady, and sure enough they had 3 black Gears in stock. Then I asked the 64 dollar question. I told them that Tmobile is discounting the Gear 30% would you match? She asked her supervisor, and he said yes. From experience, I got names. Name of the manager and what time he would be getting off. Long story short :D, when I got to the store, I asked for the manager by name, he came around the counter and he said you are the one for the black and price match? Ha I said yes, and flashed the screen shot that Ian B had posted off the Tmobile site.

The manager took a fast glance, and proceeded to go back to the storeroom to the black Gear. No looking up on the web, or calling anybody.. Just took what I told them, and the screen shot and gave it to me for the discounted Tmobile price.. I was on the phone for an hour with Tmobile after I completed my Note 3 order to try to bend Tmobile's arm to let me have the Gear at their discounted 30%, and no go, they wouldn't budge. But, here is BB, ready to give up quickly.. Just want to enlighten others, because the thread/board/forum helped me, hoping I can help a few to pick up the gear for a sweet $209, and get the color you want.. Here are some pics, a copy of my receipt, so somebody can tell another BestBuy manager or store, look, this was done on the 9th or today.. :D

http://www.cehoward.net/jag18.jpg

http://www.cehoward.net/jag13.jpg

Congrats and glad I was able to help. I think I have sent out over 20 pm copies of my tmobile basket. Samsung owes me for all the sales that were made with the print screen. I am just paying it forward for all the help I have gotten in the past here and over I XDA forum.

Ian B

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Dam, the black Gear is going crazy on Ebay..I am looking at one now, a black one for $375 with $22 shipping, which has 1 bid, and 20 hours for the auction to be over..

Dag, I am not going to let them tempt to sell my Gear for TWICE the price.. I will not be tempted.. :D

Saw that too. Ended up getting mine at Amazon Prime.

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Congrats! Glad you were able to get it price matched, that's a great deal especially from BB since you earn points. I too would give another shot at another BB store with the screenshots, but ALL the BB stores within the radius of the huge City of Chicago are out of stock.

Same here, I am in the motorcycle and bicycle thing, I have many, many a favor come my way, and I pass them on down the line. Makes for a better everything.

On the Gear, I know it is crazy, and most likely I stand as much chance as a snowball in h*ll, but I am going to call again today, to see if they still have any. If they do, I am grabbing one for the wife. :D She has the S4.. Like I said, they are going crazy on Ebay.. Just ordered a couple screen protectors from Amazon for the Gear too...

Plus, in all hobbies when you aquire something good, that is a thrill, when you get super deal on something good, it turns into a super thrill. :D :D

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I managed to get a black Gear today from Best Buy and what a fiasco it was. I bought one last night on line to pick up from the store earlier today. I got an email this morning telling me it was ready to pick up, a few mins later I get a call saying it was sold !!!!! I raised Hell and then called customer service about it. The woman on the phone located me one and took $20 off it was the last one in black.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

Gadgetlover0408

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I managed to get a black Gear today from Best Buy and what a fiasco it was. I bought one last night on line to pick up from the store earlier today. I got an email this morning telling me it was ready to pick up, a few mins later I get a call saying it was sold !!!!! I raised Hell and then called customer service about it. The woman on the phone located me one and took $20 off it was the last one in black.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

Yes two people offered to buy mine off my wrist today.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Since, I am fumble fingers when it comes to smartphones, I grabbed the Note 3, and the Gear and off to the closest BestBuy to hook up with the Samsung reps so they can setup my dynamic duo..

Well, that didn't turn out well.. :( The first BB I went to(where I got my Gear), I left the charging piece home, that the BB rep needed to set everything up.. Went home got the piece, but instead of driving 10 miles to that BB, I went 1 mile to one close to me.. That was a disaster.. The Samsung Rep, with 5 Gears on display, plus a big neon sign saying "The Next Best Thing" and showing nothing but Gears, the rep didn't know how to setup the Gear to Note 3. I told them that I had to go and get the charging piece. The rep said, I didn't need that and went fishng on my Note 3. I stopped her right there and said, how come you don't know how to do the setup? She replied, I am being honest, I don't know. This is a new thing and we are all learning. I said the Gear has been out a week, she corrected me and said it came out last Friday. Well that is 7 freakin days, and the Gear and Note 3 are the hottest thing out, and you don't know? I snatch my Gear and Note 3. Got home, called the Samsung help line from the number in the box, and a nice lady walked me through the download, and the setup.. Plus, I purchased another Gear. I couldn't let one set, since they gave it to me for $209 plus tax again.. :)

notegear1.jpg

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow, it's amazing the rep didn't know how to set the Gear up. I returned mine. It wasn't bad but after a few days I realized I wasn't so amazed. Also, it got a little teeny-eeny scratch. I'll see if I miss it.

Nexuscillin 7. An iOS cure.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow, it's amazing the rep didn't know how to set the Gear up. I returned mine. It wasn't bad but after a few days I realized I wasn't so amazed. Also, it got a little teeny-eeny scratch. I'll see if I miss it.

Nexuscillin 7. An iOS cure.

Unfortunately there are many reps that have no idea how to do anything! :banghead:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Well, I have noticed this. The Gear is selling out like hot cakes, stores are running out of stock, and the value seems to be going up. With that in mine, it seems like I can't lose with the gear. IMO, you didn't need to return it, pack it all up, post on ebay, and get a profit. Just a thought, because, consumers are the best judge of a product. If it is good, it will sell and be snatched up quickly, if it is bad, it will fade, and everybody will know it. Seems like the Gear is going straight up..Here is just one instance of many on Ebay with the Gear.

Samsung Galaxy Gear Smart Watch Device for Galaxy Note 3 Jet Black | eBay

On the Samsung Reps, I couldn't believe that. I am lazy, that is why I took it to the BB and the reps to set mine up. After that, I was walked through the setup on the phone. Took about 20 minutes.

Samsung could have given the reps just a ONE HOUR WORKSHOP on how to set up the Galaxy Gear to the Note 3. I mean, this was the flag ship and their reason for the reps being there.. Be that as it may, it made me a little sharper.. :)

Analogy

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
It's not hard to setup the gear took me less then 2 minutes. If the reps are too stupid to read instructions then they don't deserve their jobs. Takes the slightest bit off problem solving

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It's not hard to setup the gear took me less then 2 minutes. If the reps are too stupid to read instructions then they don't deserve their jobs. Takes the slightest bit off problem solving

The 20 minutes was good for me, I am a long way from be even close to smartphone savvy.. This Note 3 is so far over my head I need a telescope to see it..This is my second smartphone and the first one I only had for a short time.

You are correct on at least that one last night, really don't deserve her job..

Anyway, today is going to be a fun day learning my Note 3 and Gear, and doing a little posing too.. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pumice stone