Galaxy Note 3 - Case & Covers Thread

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Look at the Cruzerlite bugdroid case. Or something similar. Super thin and stylish but offers little to no protection if dropped. Only protects from scratches.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FC...20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3412893#ref=mp_s_a_1_6

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

A previous user had issues with multiple Cruzerlite Note 3 cases

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=349318

If you choose Cruzerlite, there are a number of other cases similar in protection to that one on Amazon.

If he wants just a bumper ring case then he can get something like this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/other/aw/d...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3412893

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. It seems the only place I have been able to find bumper style is on Amazon or eBay. Worth a shot maybe.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Update on Trident cyclops case:

A few post above I posted my initial impressions and several pics of the case on my Note 3

Now that I've used it for over a day I have a few updates

- case is great. I think it's lighter than both the Spigen Slim Armor and Neo Hybrid cases but definitely feels more durable and seems to protect better from a drop

- looks good too. I got the green Trident cyclops case and gotten many good compliments on its looks

- There are covers over the headphone jack and power jack, which is a rubber material that is bendable. I know it's more for protection, as it says from dust and other stuff, but it is a pain sometimes to pull back to plug in headphone jack or to charge. Guess a small price to pay for the extra protection.

- again so glad I removed the screen protector. I think Trident still sends it with one as a selling point but that thing is horrible. If anyone gets one, first thing you must do is remove it!

Otherwise I am very happy with this case. And I think my long search for the "perfect" case for me has finally ended. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

DocGo

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
For me, the best case (protection, minimal bulk plus convenience of wireless charging) is my white OEM Samsung S View Cover - Wireless. Basically it is the S-view cover that also included the wireless charging module on the battery door. I got mine from Expansys.

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
bybynepy.jpg

ygymy8ap.jpg

I think I've found the most minimal back case for my Note 3. It's the EIMO gel case.

I've normally stayed away from most gel cases in the past because these looked cheaply made - from the material, texture, design, and overall look. Plus most are unbranded.

The EIMO is a Japanese brand, based on the packaging and is miles away from the generics that I've found in retail stores and even eBay. From afar, the Note 3 with the EIMO looks naked, save for the translucent lip surrounding the edges of the phone. More so when you turn the phone upside down. The EIMO is almost invisible.

The most important thing for me above all is the ease of putting it on and taking it off as I always carry around a spare battery.

I think that I'll be staying with the EIMO for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/29/bybynepy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/29/ygymy8ap.jpg

I think I've found the most minimal back case for my Note 3. It's the EIMO gel case.

I've normally stayed away from most gel cases in the past because these looked cheaply made - from the material, texture, design, and overall look. Plus most are unbranded.

The EIMO is a Japanese brand, based on the packaging and is miles away from the generics that I've found in retail stores and even eBay. From afar, the Note 3 with the EIMO looks naked, save for the translucent lip surrounding the edges of the phone. More so when you turn the phone upside down. The EIMO is almost invisible.

The most important thing for me above all is the ease of putting it on and taking it off as I always carry around a spare battery.

I think that I'll be staying with the EIMO for a while.

Looks pretty good. For me personally it won't protect the Note 3 if dropped. But I got a few little kids at home who loves to grab my phone and play with it...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I've also been looking at the original S View made by Samsung. While it looks very sleek and dapper, I just wonder how you guys who use the S View manage to type with that front cover in the way. This is the reason why I've stayed away from book type covers after my experience with the samsung flip cover for my note 2 early last year.

Do you and are able to fold the front cover all the way back? It doesn't look like it will fold fully flat at the back. If not, do you end up typing with just your right thumb only? If so, that seems highly inconvenient.

What I do feel appealing about the S View is it won't be a pain putting it on and off when I need to use my spare battery.

Hope to get your feedback as it looks like I won't be able to resist the temptation.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I've also been looking at the original S View made by Samsung. While it looks very sleek and dapper, I just wonder how you guys who use the S View manage to type with that front cover in the way. This is the reason why I've stayed away from book type covers after my experience with the samsung flip cover for my note 2 early last year.

Do you and are able to fold the front cover all the way back? It doesn't look like it will fold fully flat at the back. If not, do you end up typing with just your right thumb only? If so, that seems highly inconvenient.

What I do feel appealing about the S View is it won't be a pain putting it on and off when I need to use my spare battery.

Hope to get your feedback as it looks like I won't be able to resist the temptation.

I agree with you about the S view. I hate having to open the front and either fold it back every time I want to use my phone.

You can always go into a cell phone store and check it out first hand. That's what I did and realized I didn't want a flip cover

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't like flip covers either. It is not for everyone. Just try it out in store to see if you like it

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So so glad I got the Trident cyclops. My 15 month old daughter was playing with my Note 3, then got upset and Threw it onto the kitchen tile floor.

But no damage to the phone or even the case. Gotta love it!

ballisticn8

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 3 Case Thread.

+1 more for the red Spigen Neo-Hybrid Case. I really liked the white but decided I wanted to go ahead and go for the red since I normally do the safer boring colors for the case.

Every now and then I let the phone roam about naked but for the most part the Neo-Hybrid case is perfect for what I wanted.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got info on a tempered glass screen mentioned on mchi5's extras thread today (Hi / ) .

Gives good drop protection.

What brand? Any downside? Thx.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got info on a tempered glass screen mentioned on mchi5's extras thread today (Hi / ) .

Gives good drop protection.

What brand? Any downside? Thx.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm interested in this too. I have the Zagg invisible shield currently but seems like everyone's saying Tempered glass is better...

Unicorn11B

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Right now I'm using the AMS Kraken. Probably the most drop protective case I've seen because of the silicone inner case and the hard outer with extra bumpers on the corners. A little bulkier than the Otterbox Commuter, but except for the corners, less than the Defender.
It still has a lot of openings so I'm not sure how they get their claims for dust. The ports are covered and the bottom mic is filtered that that was it. The screen protector was horrible and I removed that after one try. Trying to use the S pen was like trying to drag it across the sticky side of tape. It barely would move. I removed it and am still using an iLoome flexible glass protector.
I need to find one of the heavy duty waterproof plastic bags for trips to the beach or in the woods when it's rainy/wet. Aloksack or something similar.
I like the conecpt of the wallet/folio because it seems that a well designed one would give good protection to the screen when closed. I'm worried about dropping my phone and it landing so the screen hits a rock, or the edge of the concrete stops in a parking lot, or a low fence, etcetera. Unfortunately besides the negatives already listed about difficulty in use, though I could work around that as long as it folded flat, none seem to have any decent drop protection. Most have an exposed top and bottom, some have exposed corners even. Not a good thing to me. There is the one leather book style that fully wraps the phone in I think a TPU material, but it doesn't fold open flat, it's designed to look too much like a book, to include a stiff spine. Works as a very shaollow kickstand I supposed, but being left handed, it sucks for me. I'd have bought it if not for that. I've thought about making front cover from Kydex for my Kraken, or maybe a thin leather with Kydex flap and gluing it to a Commuter,

Last edited:

SkinsFan1987

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the OtterBox Defender case. It's not too bulky, certainly not heavy, and I have no S Pen issues. It even fits fine on my belt.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

tahnir

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys
Do we have any news on the fix for third party s-view covers with the kitkat update? I was going to buy the spigen one but now I'll have to wait for the update......

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I'm using the S-view cover. I just fold it back. It can be annoying at times. However I've used the s-view on my S4 and used the official flip cover on my original note so I'm kind of used to it. Plus I think the functionality wins out over the awkwardness.

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the S-view cover. I just fold it back. It can be annoying at times. However I've used the s-view on my S4 and used the official flip cover on my original note so I'm kind of used to it. Plus I think the functionality wins out over the awkwardness.

Thanks for the reply. I tried the s view at a samsung store tonight and it does look slick without adding weight and heft to the phone. Really love the functionality of the s view access. Almost purchased it, but have one worry.

Since typing on the phone means having to fold the front cover all the way back, I'm afraid that after some time of stressing the top and bottom edge of the spine, the spine edges might eventually tear or break. Would be a damn shame on an expensive case.

How long have you had your s view case? Do you fold the front cover all the way back when you need to type on the phone? Are there any tears yet on the top and bottom edge of the spine area?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23