Galaxy S3 not starting and on constant boot loop

sharkextreme

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys ,
I have a situation with my galaxy s3 i9300.
The phone like 2 weeks ago started restarting itself from time to time.
Now when i try to start the phone it reaches the boot screen with the galaxy s3 logo and shuts off there and starts back up again until it reaches the logo and continues to loop like that.
The thing is even if I take off the battery when I place it back in the phone automatically powers on without me even pressing the power button.
I tried forcing it into recovery mode and download mode . Both modes appear for like 3 seconds and the phone restarts again.
I have a custom ultima rom installed on it. I thought this was a hardware problem with the power button being stuck however I carried the phone to a repair shop and the guy told me he opened up the phone and the power button is good so it has to be software and he doesn't have the software for it.

Has anyone experiences this? And if you did , how did you fix it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

SiLeNcEbOnE

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know much about that rom but with some roms you can reinstall the rom itself without losing anything. Might want to try and reinstall the rom to see if that fixes your problem.
If not might need to wipe the device and reinstall.

A recently installed app might of caused the problem.

Richie7

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys and girls im having the same probem. did you have any luck fixing this problem? mine has started doing the same thing and like yours when I get into the part to do a factory reset it reboots out of there before anything can be done. I bought the phone 2nd hand and worked fine for the first couple of days before this problem kept gettin worse and worse untill now I cant do anything. It has the Omega android on the screen if that helps in any way. Any help would be much appreciated . Richie

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Richie7,
Welcome to the forums.

What model/carrier/region/firmware?

You can boot into Recovery mode (Volume Up + Home + Power) but it won't stay there?

But it will stay in Download (Odin) mode (the Android guy on the screen)?

If you pull the battery, wait a minute or so and then put it back in, does the phone remain off? If so, if you connect the charger do you see a battery graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Richie7

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi GSDer ,
thanks for the welcome:)
sorry for the late reply I didnt know there was a response untill now when I checked. just put the battery in the phone to see what happens (as its been sittin in the spare room) . phone came straight to life and thought hey its going to work so was going through the set up started adding my wifi password then screen changes to the SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT-I9300 screen and continues it reboots.
-I have managed to keep it going long enough to do a factory reset on it by holding those keys down. (no change)
-when I put the battery in just before it didnt turn straight on , most of the time it does but im guessing thats to do with the length of time the battery has been removed for.
-just plugged it into the usb cord into the computer and it comes up with a picture of a grey battery with the loading symbal in the middle then it changes to a picture of how much battery power there is (half charge) then it flashes back to the black battery and so on just like its in a boot loop.
-model gt-i9300t , its unlocked , region is NZ (New Zealand) , firmware im not sure what that means im guessing that its the Omega?
-just seeing what happens if I leave battery out of couple of minutes before puttin it back in and if doesnt turn on ill plug in usb cord. after a couple of mins it kept turning itself on as soon as entered the battery so just was doing the reboot thing , left the battery out for 5 hours this time and it didnt turn on and plugged the cord in to see it is charging the way it should do. and seems to be still doing this after 15mins.
well heres some info . hope with your knowledge you can help me as im over the phone atm and is just in a box while im using my ****ty old motarola defy.
cheer
Rich

ps ive got up in the morning to find the phone is fully charged so I have turned on (still with usb cord in) and went through set up half and hour ago and it is still working fine. Ill leave it for the day like this and check it from time to time to see if there are any changes before unplugging usb .

update: have been using the phone for the last week. worked fine for the first 3 days before going into reboot loop, I managed to get it to start and put it on charge for the night and phone has been good for the last 3 days , not solved yet but the charging seems to be the solution at this stage to my problem

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Rich,
Sorry, just saw YOUR reply :)

It was sounding very much like a problem with the Power button (seems to becoming a common issue), but I'm glad you found something that worked.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Richie7

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
yeah from all the threads ive read when I had the problem the power button looks like the possible cause. I did spray contact cleaner on mine but seemed to make it worse rather than better..
doesnt look like a part that is easy to fix though is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777