Galaxy S6 Edge Screen Spontaneously Cracked

1ronhyde

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
My girlfriends story is the same or similar as all of the postings above other than her Samsung S6 had no cracks or any external damage.
The phone was stored in her purse and when she went to use it the screen was on the right half black and the left half scrambled.
I'm not a Technition but it's obvious there was a major failure with the internal electronics, like the other complaints this phone ran hot while on charge or in use.
Here in Victoria BC Canada we took the phone to the Rodgers store closest to us Rodgers is our service provider.
The problem was explained to the rep and noted in the request diagnostic form that was sent with the phone to "Future Tel" the Samsung warranty repair facility.

After a week we requested a status update, the first bit of information given to us was warranty void due to a cracked screen (there wasn't a crack in the screen when we left it in the possession of Rodgers)
We requested a more detailed report as there wasn't any visible damage before being sent for repair.
An email was sent to the store indicating an L shaped crack just below the S in Samsung at the top of the screen with a picture to show the the damage. I went to the store to pick up the phone as Rodgers sent us an email saying the phone was repaired and ready for pickup.
I identified myself and the rep retrieved the phone from the back, once unwrapped a small crack was noticed barely visible under the screen.
This was damage done while in the possession of Rodgers and there warranty repair shop "Future Tel".
I asked to see the emailed correspondence between Rodgers and the repair facility. A photo appeared in the one email of an L shaped crack that was easy to spot and clear to the eye. This photo is not our phone and not the same crack but in a similar location. Our crack is there but hard to see and straight not L shaped. I quickly took a photo of the emailed picture before the Rep had a chance to click off the email. He indicated I can't take pictures of the correspondence "LOL too late".
I believe the repair facility didn't expect us to have the phone shipped back and used another phone as a fraudulent prop. When comparing our phone to the picture the crack is barely visible on ours and a straight hairline crack unlike the easily visible L shaped crack in the emailed picture. I pointed this out to the rep and he would not agree the cracks were different and said he could see the crack on our phone easily. It's funny as this person wore glasses, probably of an Xray quality and my vision is only 15/20 LOL.
We're now at the point of trying to locate a contact person at Samsung and Rodgers as the store Rep refused to help or provide a number or email.
I'm hoping with the fraudulent picture Samsung will honour there warranty and replace or fix our phone. If not I guess there always social media to pass the word and let the world decide on weather to purchase a Samsung/Rodgers product.
Good luck!!!!!!!

Taz143schultz

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has experienced this. My wife has had a Galaxy S6 Edge for about 3 months now, and hasn't had any problems with the phone other than it gets pretty hot when charging. Yesterday, she showed me that her phone had an update but the battery was too low to initialize the update. At that time, the screen had zero cracks in it. She set the phone down on the couch next to me and went upstairs to get her charger. When she came back and plugged her phone in, the phone screen was completely shattered as if it had been dropped on gravel. I know 100% that from the time I looked at her phone and when she discovered it cracked, it had not sustained any kind of fall or impact. I am absolutely at a loss for how this kind of thing could have happened. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Taz143schultz

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
This happened to my GF yesterday. She has only had the phone 14 days. I think it has to do with how hot the phone gets but can you prove it. She sat the phone down on the table and the bottom right corner cracked split up the side. We are calling Samsung Monday morning. There are no marks dents or anything else on the phone it's in perfect out of the box shape.

psanju

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I am one more frustrated user of samsung galaxy edge. screen crack appear right in front of my eyes while using skype it appeared from top left cornet to right left hand corned. it was never dropped and no one has physical acess to the phone.

hats of to samsung for a wonderful product not covered under warrany. the crack appeared on screen which out drop or anykind of pressure. its so called physical damage but not manufacturing defect.

btw its a airline crack hardly visible when turned on but can be esalily spotted in the edges next to the bazel

i had this phone for ten months. very frusturated. will never stop hating this brand.

similarly apple phone are not cover screen damage but i have never seen anything that would crack without physical abuse or dropping it.

but 100% sumsung edge does believe it or not.

psanju

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
One more thing i was there at samsung service center its filled with frusturated users not sure if everyone had similar issue all i can tell is smasung not like premimum product like apple iphone or htc . i have to agree the build quality of htc or iphone for this matter.

CRUNCH IT

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Im going thru this FOUR days after just getting phone. Both samsung and sprint are acting like they NEVER heard of this!! Grrr! I have the full protection plan but am NOT paying deductible...cause I DIDNT DO A THING TO IT :/ SO apparently they still have not corrected...n wondering how others got this handled . Already spent 4 HOURS on the phone with sprint..samsung..n sprint store ughhh exhausted.

Jawajac

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I have had my Platinum Gold Samsung S6 Edge since May 2015. It has been kept in a Samsung Original Clear View cover since new, the phone has never been dropped. All has been fine, until today. After charging the screen has a hairline crack from between the volume up & down buttons across to the approx 2cm from the bottom right of the phone. It was sat on my desk whilst charging. I can't upgrade phone until Feb next year at earliest. Doubt Samsung will do anything as phone is 15 months old now! Gutted as it is obvious the phone hasn't been abused as apart from the hairline crack it's like new! I will try and post a picture later when I get home from work.

Dragos Sava

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S6 - gold display cracked while charging, i was at the office, the phone was charging next to me, i wanted to make a phonecall but the display didn't respond to any command. I turned off the phone and i noticed a small crack under the glass of the phone, the display was cracked. I went to Samsung authorized service (ESD - in Romania) and they told me that the crack was caused by mechanical forces, like benting or twisting the phone. I called at Samsung and emailed them with my problem and also gave them links to cases like this, they called me and told me that "THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM, THEY DON'T KNOW ANYONE IN ANY COUNTRY TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM" and that the crack i my fault, i didn't use the device in normal conditions. I attach pictures with my phone:
Samsung S6 picture 1.jpg

picture 2.jpg

Picture 3.jpg

If there are any romanians with the same problem please contact me, i want to go to the authorities with this and make sure Samsung will pay.

ktharden

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
This happened to my husbands S6E twice. The first time it was on his desk at work charging. The second time, it was sitting on the table in front of me when the screen spontaneously cracked. Samsung told me it wasn't possible and accused us of mistreating the phone. We paid samsung $350 to repair it the first time but couldn't afford to do it a second time. The phone has sat in the box in a drawer since early this year. What can we do? I'm paying a monthly fee for a phone that can't be used.

Simona Onae

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here guys!! I looked at my phone one day at work, where it had been laying, charging and it had a small very clean crack horizontally across the screen. Not a spider web crack and not a crack where you could tell it had been dropped. Like it was from getting to hot. I called Samsung, they said "Sorry you damaged your phone" I was furious! I called back still no help. I tried ATT and the local ATT store. I love this phone but I think Samsung should be responsible for anything that is truly not the customers fault. I hadn't dropped my phone at that point (about a month after purchasing) Since I have dropped it and it did crack the back glass like you would expect after DROPPING it. But the crack I have on the front screen is NOT from anything I did. FIX THIS SAMSUNG!!! I just happened to be reading another article and this caught my eye. When I started reading my blood pressure immediately went UP! Everyone pays A LOT of money on these phones! SAMSUNG FIX IT!

How did you get it fixed.

Simona Onae

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I called the repair center and they trying to tell me it's my fault. this is not going to go away. I am taking them to court. The number I called was 972-422-9505. If everyone calls with their issue maybe they can make this a priority. In the meantime I'm going to small claims court.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
There's always a bad apple in the bunch. Mine didnt crack or break at all even after dropping it many times. Yesterday my friend borrowed my S6 edge and made a call. Then it slipped out of his hands while calling. Glad to found there is no cracks at all. Only minor damage on the metal sides. I wasnt even using a case, i used a skin. Samsung's phone are really strong IMO. But i guess i luckied out.

vic peake

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S6 - gold display cracked while charging, i was at the office, the phone was charging next to me, i wanted to make a phonecall but the display didn't respond to any command. I turned off the phone and i noticed a small crack under the glass of the phone, the display was cracked. I went to Samsung authorized service (ESD - in Romania) and they told me that the crack was caused by mechanical forces, like benting or twisting the phone. I called at Samsung and emailed them with my problem and also gave them links to cases like this, they called me and told me that "THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM, THEY DON'T KNOW ANYONE IN ANY COUNTRY TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM" and that the crack i my fault, i didn't use the device in normal conditions. I attach pictures with my phone:
View attachment 238039

View attachment 238040

View attachment 238041

If there are any romanians with the same problem please contact me, i want to go to the authorities with this and make sure Samsung will pay.

I got the same response from Samsung uk almost word for word. Notice how quick they pushed the s7 through as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko