Getting Kinda Irritated...

sean556

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So my carrier is Rogers (Canadian), I installed ICS 4.0.3 on my Nexus S but the mobile network wasn't working. After doing a bit of reading I found out that a good amount of Rogers users who made the switch to ICS bumped into the same issue of not having mobile network. Anyways, when I went back to install a new rom....ClockWorkMod didn't load. So I am stuck with ICS on my phone without a mobile network connection and can't get out. I've tried flashing ClockWorkMod recovery since Mondy and everytime I just get the same thing "waiting for device." My phone seems to be rooted considering it still says "unlocked" under lock state in fastboot mode. I'm been trying to fix this for three days now with no luck, does anyone have any solutions? Thanks

anon(536486)

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
When you installed ICS, you most likely lost root. If you're trying to install a ROM using CWM, you're not going to be successful because you don't have root.

Luckily there's already a way to root in 4.0.3:
[GUIDE] CWRecovery flashable working Root SperUser for stock ICS 4.0.3 - xda-developers

Alternatively, once you flash the new recovery, you should be able to reboot into recovery and load any ROM compatible with your phone. NOTE: Being "unlocked" is not "root".

sean556

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
When you installed ICS, you most likely lost root. If you're trying to install a ROM using CWM, you're not going to be successful because you don't have root.

Luckily there's already a way to root in 4.0.3:
[GUIDE] CWRecovery flashable working Root SperUser for stock ICS 4.0.3 - xda-developers

Alternatively, once you flash the new recovery, you should be able to reboot into recovery and load any ROM compatible with your phone. NOTE: Being "unlocked" is not "root".

On some other forum I read that you're rooted when it says "unlocked" under lockstate but even when my phone went down on Monday, I still attempted to root it, but every single timeeeee it just says "waiting for device." It's really frustrating. When I'm in command prompt and I type "fastboot oem unlock", it just says waiting for device. I'm stuck on what to do. I tried the guide that you linked but of course when it came time to flash the recovery image, the "waiting for device" message came up