Glitch in Droid X home screen and menu screen

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Reboot. If that doesnt help then you may need to do a factory reset. If your phone is rooted then I would suggest restoring with a backup. If you do not have a back up then use Odin to restore your phone.

That just about looks like a reason to tell Verizon you want a replacement. However the first thing they will do is a Factory Reset.

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Reboot. If that doesnt help then you may need to do a factory reset. If your phone is rooted then I would suggest restoring with a backup. If you do not have a back up then use Odin to restore your phone.

That just about looks like a reason to tell Verizon you want a replacement. However the first thing they will do is a Factory Reset.

..Yeah I did a battery pull and it corrected the issue... I've never rooted my phone... theres been times when my home screen will switch to landscape mode too...

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I try to do a battery pull at least once every other week...

You might want to do it a little more often. While Android is good with multi-tasking and killing unused apps, you still need to let the phone refresh itself every so often. I would try every few days and just simply turning off and back on should be fine without a battery pull. Glad to see it was a simple fix!

Reactions: StormAddict718
Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
You might want to do it a little more often. While Android is good with multi-tasking and killing unused apps, you still need to let the phone refresh itself every so often. I would try every few days and just simply turning off and back on should be fine without a battery pull. Glad to see it was a simple fix!

ahh ok..it's my first droid... been an iPhone/ blackberry person...so I just thought it was good without refreshing the phone... thanks for the tip!

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I know people will argue that you dont need to do a battery pull on android devices. None the less it is still an electronic device powered by a lithium source.

Pull the battery. Then without the battery in there hold the power button down for a few seconds to release residual charge put the battery back in.

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I know people will argue that you dont need to do a battery pull on android devices. None the less it is still an electronic device powered by a lithium source.

Pull the battery. Then without the battery in there hold the power button down for a few seconds to release residual charge put the battery back in.

does this do a stronger reset?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Draining the X of power also drains the residual memory and allows it to do some trouble-shooting as it powers up.

Re: landscaping home screen - does it happen when the X is in a dock or a magnet gets close to the corner where the menu button is located? If so, that's a dock mode and not a problem. Only works with the magnet involved, either from the dock station or from a random magnet that gets too close.

Reactions: broadwayblues

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

Didn't realize that, thanks!

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Draining the X of power also drains the residual memory and allows it to do some trouble-shooting as it powers up.

Re: landscaping home screen - does it happen when the X is in a dock or a magnet gets close to the corner where the menu button is located? If so, that's a dock mode and not a problem. Only works with the magnet involved, either from the dock station or from a random magnet that gets too close.

OMG... to think about it... my home screen goes into landscape mode when I sit my Droid X on my MacBook.. and I think there's magnet in my MacBook that switches it into car dock screen...

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

Right, kinda like clearing your cache on IE if it get currupted or something.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
OMG... to think about it... my home screen goes into landscape mode when I sit my Droid X on my MacBook.. and I think there's magnet in my MacBook that switches it into car dock screen...

Actually thats been reported as shown below in bold on the motorola site

13. fixing screen orientation defaulting to landscape. The screen tend sto default to landscape when flat on a table or when it should be portrait

the motorola people said they was looking into it

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Actually thats been reported as shown below in bold on the motorola site

13. fixing screen orientation defaulting to landscape. The screen tend sto default to landscape when flat on a table or when it should be portrait

the motorola people said they was looking into it

hopefully motorola will give the Droid X the option to landscape in the home screens...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
hopefully motorola will give the Droid X the option to landscape in the home screens...

If you check out LauncherPro (free) in the market it might .I know LauncherPro Plus you can( Pro.ver. on my dx) , there is a link from the free version in the market to the Pro version . It's just the way that app dev. has to post it from where they live in the world.;)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If you check out LauncherPro (free) in the market it might .I know LauncherPro Plus you can( Pro.ver. on my dx) , there is a link from the free version in the market to the Pro version . It's just the way that app dev. has to post it from where they live in the world.;)

I've tried Launcher .... to me it's too confusing... :confused:

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Really? If I recall correctly, it is a zero-config app. Install, press home, and you're done. Add things to your screens just like you would on stock.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the leather case from verizon. It has a magnetic clasp to keep it closed. This will put the phone in dock mode sometimes. What is even crazier is that sometimes I can get my phone to work without having to unlock it when it does this. Not always but sometimes. But yeah landscape= dockmode via magnet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf