GO SMS sending messages to wrong people?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have the experience with Go SMS where it claims to have sent a text to a wrong person or receive it from someone other than who it really came from? It really freaked me out the first time it claimed to send a text to the wrong person. Turned out it went to the correct person, just labeled it wrong. If I go and look at the stock messaging app though, its all labeled correctly. I may end up having to switch back.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Handcent was doing the same thing until it was updated yesterday. Go sms will need to be updated for ICS.

I gave up on Handcent for all the force closes. Hoped I'd have better luck with Go, but I guess I'll have to go back to stock for awhile.

So has Handcent been updated for ICS now?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on Handcent for all the force closes. Hoped I'd have better luck with Go, but I guess I'll have to go back to stock for awhile.

So has Handcent been updated for ICS now?

Yes. No more force closing when sending/receiving MMS, no more showing the incorrect recipient.
It still isn't showing unread count though.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm back to Handcent. Says its been updated although people in the Market reviews are still reporting problems.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
This might take some time to clear up on the developer's side but it's totally frustrating. I sent myself a test text and it had someone else's name and number as the sender. Until this is taken care of I'll have to be extra careful when sending a reply as that's when the intended recipient is likely to change.
Technology can be so touchy sometimes...

Merry Christmas everyone!

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Happened on my GNex today. Originally it happened in Chomp SMS. So I deleted chomp and tried Go SMS. It was fine for about a week, so I bought go SMS Pro

But now Go SMS Pro is doing it too. I decided to delete it and go back to stock for now. Stock seems to be the best. These apps need to update for ICS. PRONTO