Good link for the differences between the unlocked and T-mobile 6T?

AKS4

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
To make a long story short, I jumped to an unlocked 6T after my Motorola MXPE began having issues holding a charge longer than 3 hours and taking forever to activate the camera app.

After a recent vacation trip to Hawaii, my father was astounded by the photos my 6T took and is contemplating ditching his current Sprint locked phones and moving to T-mobile. He mentioned they are still offering the 6T deal and questioned me about my ownership thus far.

My question is though, how different is the T-mobile variant than the unlocked one? Are the OS and apps mostly the same? Same camera app? In short, I feel a little "bad" in a way as I had the MXPE for 3 years and raved about it, then my father picked up a Motorola (Moto G6 I think) and hasn't been pleased with it. Could be difference of opinion, could be service, could be that whole Carrier version vs unlocked thing too.

Any good input, thoughts, or links?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
To make a long story short, I jumped to an unlocked 6T after my Motorola MXPE began having issues holding a charge longer than 3 hours and taking forever to activate the camera app.

After a recent vacation trip to Hawaii, my father was astounded by the photos my 6T took and is contemplating ditching his current Sprint locked phones and moving to T-mobile. He mentioned they are still offering the 6T deal and questioned me about my ownership thus far.

My question is though, how different is the T-mobile variant than the unlocked one? Are the OS and apps mostly the same? Same camera app? In short, I feel a little "bad" in a way as I had the MXPE for 3 years and raved about it, then my father picked up a Motorola (Moto G6 I think) and hasn't been pleased with it. Could be difference of opinion, could be service, could be that whole Carrier version vs unlocked thing too.

Any good input, thoughts, or links?

6T TMobile version vs unlocked

IMHO... go for the unlocked global model or, alternatively, you could get the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant and convert it to the global model if you are up for it...

T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

Last edited:

qtrxist

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
As an unlocked 6T owner using a Tmobile sim, I recommend getting the global/unlocked version. Google it and there should be plenty of articles.

From experience, unlocked comes with dual sim tray, more frequent OTA upgrades.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886