Good Note 4 app for driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
First step is admitting it. She did that. Second she wanted suggestions on how to stop it and be responsible not be preached to.

Like an alcoholic....you get them help and give your support. [Language]

Last edited by a moderator:

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
See it's not just texting. It's fb Tapatalk and everything in between. The apps have helped me a lot though. I know it's dangerous but I think I've found another app that will help. Thanks everyone.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
I'm so sorry if I'm going to come across as preachy. But I would criminalise texting and driving.

It's one thing to not care about your life. But people who text and drive are taking into their own hands my life and the lives of those I love.

It is at the very least manslaughter.

And what about those who technically survive but whose lives are ruined because someone was chatting on FB?

I'm sorry but the lives of others are more important than a FB status update.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone as a GPS on my motorcycle. It is clipped to the handlebar and plugged into a charger.
I have Llama on my phone. I have it set so that when I disconnect from any WiFi and have a charger connected, it assumes I am on the motorcycle. It sets the screen to not rotate and not timeout. Turns on my Bluetooth to connect to my helmet headset and starts my GPS software. It also turns UP the volume.

Something like that could be used to disable notifications when driving if you had a 'trigger', like WiFi disconnected, or such. Llama can also trigger based on cell tower numbers, but your commute is probably to short to be switching cell towers. Or you connecting to a car Bluetooth? That would work.

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm so sorry if I'm going to come across as preachy. But I would criminalise texting and driving.

It's one thing to not care about your life. But people who text and drive are taking into their own hands my life and the lives of those I love.

It is at the very least manslaughter.

And what about those who technically survive but whose lives are ruined because someone was chatting on FB?

I'm sorry but the lives of others are more important than a FB status update.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
In my state it is a crime to text while driving. But like all other laws, some people don't obey it.

To the OP, I know you feel that you're being attacked. And frankly you'd probably have a hard time finding more than a few people who have NEVER used their phones in some capacity while driving. I know I have.

But texting or reading posts on your favorite forums, etc. is distracted driving, and those activities have caused serious injuries and deaths to others. It just takes that one time to change your life or the life of someone else.

If the temptation is just too great for you, just put the phone out of reach during your commute. Your 5-10 minute drive deserves your full attention, and I assure you that any texts, emails or forum posts can wait those few minutes.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I just ignore my phone while driving. If there is something very important, then I pull over.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani