Goodbye Evolution.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I returned my evo 3d this morning and traded in for the nexus s.

A few things that lead me to this.
First and foremost, I wanted to be on pure Google. That was my main reason.

Second, I did love the 3d, but my battery life was getting worse dying over day and my camera button felt like it was about to pop out any time.

So after pondering it for a couple of days now, I decided to go to the nexus. I will miss my fallen evo's. Don't hate on me, I am not knocking the evos. Still love them, just wanted something different.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I thought a pure Google experience is possible to have on the EVO 3D after we root it ?

is this correct?

can we just flash a stock vanilla android rom onto the 3D after we have root?

kenmid

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I returned my evo 3d this morning and traded in for the nexus s.

A few things that lead me to this.
First and foremost, I wanted to be on pure Google. That was my main reason.

Second, I did love the 3d, but my battery life was getting worse dying over day and my camera button felt like it was about to pop out any time.

So after pondering it for a couple of days now, I decided to go to the nexus. I will miss my fallen evo's. Don't hate on me, I am not knocking the evos. Still love them, just wanted something different.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
Just curious, What is a pure Google experience?

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
We need to just make one thread for the people that dont like the phone or traded it in... Some are legit but some I seriously believe are troll threads...

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I loved the 3d. Still do. But just wanted a nexus phone. Who knows, I may return to the evo line in the future.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

strat1227

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I still maintain that if you're not a "power" user then the Nexus S is a far better experience.

But if you intend to push the CPU in any way then you need an Evo, even with my Nexus OC'd at 1.3GHz it chugged along pretty bad

I'd say 98% of the population would enjoy Nexus S more than Evo 3D, but I'm one of the people who wants to push the limits and Nexus S just crumbles in that scenario

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I did the same today. I felt like a beta tester, plus the cameras green tent and the screen being hard to read with the small lettering. Part of me is glad and another wants it back.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I did the same today. I felt like a beta tester, plus the cameras green tent and the screen being hard to read with the small lettering. Part of me is glad and another wants it back.

Is the lettering that much smaller than on the original EVO?

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Now thats a new issue I was not aware of yet.
green "tent". o_O

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
If you really wanted a pure google phone why even get the 3d? I definitely would have went straight for the nexus.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you really wanted a pure google phone why even get the 3d? I definitely would have went straight for the nexus.

In all actuallity. I'm not a big fan of samsung phones. They feel too fake. The nexus s feels fine and plus I was comming from the evo 4g anyways.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, after rolling for over a year with a stock/cm7 phone that's basically pure google... I like what HTC has done. Sue me.