Google maps freezing

jeffshead

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
8.1.1 crashes for me too. I like the new features but it is so unreliable. I get the black screen and it crashes. ALL THE TIME!

Since uninstalling all of the updates and reverting back to the version that came installed on the phone (v6.8.1), it has not crashed a single time and I use it several hours each and everyday. I know some 7.x versions were stable too but I don't know when things started going awry.

Does anyone know what the latest, stable version is before these issues started cropping up? Is there a way to update to that version? Only 8.1.1 is available in the Play Store for me.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
8.1.1 crashes for me too. I like the new features but it is so unreliable. I get the black screen and it crashes. ALL THE TIME!

Since uninstalling all of the updates and reverting back to the version that came installed on the phone (v6.8.1), it has not crashed a single time and I use it several hours each and everyday. I know some 7.x versions were stable too but I don't know when things started going awry.

Does anyone know what the latest, stable version is before these issues started cropping up? Is there a way to update to that version? Only 8.1.1 is available in the Play Store for me.

You know something, I was wondering the same exact thing. There new voice controllers and the new version of Google Maps but that's not good if it keeps on freezing has anyone tried the new update yet?

Posted via Android Central App

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

I was getting the freezing problem quite frequently with the previous version (not a black screen though), but I've been using 8.1.1 for a while and haven't had it freeze on me once. I've been using the navigation quite heavily in the last few weeks, too, since I've been traveling for work. YMMV I guess... I read today about yet another new version coming out (to be rolled out this week or so I guess) which includes route elevation maps for biking and some other goodies.
Edit: Oops, I guess 8.1.1 *is* the updated version--it updated yesterday for me. But the version before that was good for me as well.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried elected to the News Virginia I'm sort of waiting for someone else to me as I wanna deal with it for the issues that if you know what I mean

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So it just downloading update it to Google Maps version 8 .1 .1 from the Play Store, and thankfully so far no freezing I'll keep testing it but so far it seems like a good update finally! Here's a screenshot

Attachments

• 12648.jpg
    12648.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 39

BigGuyNH

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
:mad:I have tried several times to make maps work. It works fine in an urban setting, not in rural settings.And here is why;

Google has decided to rely more on cell service than GPS. The reason I know this,I traveled on Rt 112 in NH from Lincoln to Conway, NH. This is know as the Kangamagus Highway, Kancamagus Highway in NH: Welcome to the Kancamagus Scenic Byway!

Well there are no Cell towers in the Forrest,so...Google maps does not work. My Garmin GPS Does though.

I called Google to ask why this happening, and I got this reply:

" Since the maps program is free,we do not support it"

Really?!?

Free??

Thought I bought your phone and your software. :confused:

Great customer service.

Well, I can't wait for the next company to come out with better operating systems. Google lost my business. :mad::mad::mad:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards