Google Play - Canceled Purchases - CVC Code

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

1. I enter credit card info. EVERYTHING is correct. If not, you get an error message immediately.
2. Purchase something.
3. No acknowledgement good or bad.
4. Do some tracking down. The CVC code isn't in the system. So, I enter it again.
5. Update the info.
6. Go back to the edit screen. No CVC info.
7. Do a search online. Looks like CVC issues have gone on for years with Google.
8. Googles standard boiler plate is user issues.
9. I have 2 credit cards. VISA if that makes a difference or not. CHASE for both.
10. The disappearing CVC happens when entered on the phone or in Google Chrome on a Windows 7 PC.

So, I have NOT entered the data incorrectly. If the card #, exp date and CVC code was wrong, I am told immediately. I am NOT at my credit limit. The cards are NOT expired. Clearing the cache is a wasted suggestion as the phone AND the Windows 7 PC both have the same results.

I wonder if PayPal (which I don't use) would result in a better outcome. But I would want to sandbox the PayPal account to an account at a bank that would just be for PayPal. PITA.

Any suggestions?

The reason I am asking here is, Google has a support page where someone will call you back. I'm guessing I'm going to be told to try all these things and how it has to be user error. I may end up having to call them, but I'm looking for suggestions before I go that root.