Google Play Music streaming error - Moto G5+

Greg Harmon 13

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
My Moto G5 plus can not stream my music from Google Play Music. It will try to stream about 10-15 songs quickly then gives an error message:
"Music temporarily unavailable. No space available." The message has appeared each time for at least two months.

I can play music I have downloaded to my phone, but I cannot download anymore of my music. The progress bar stays at zero, then fails.

Is there a way to fix this issue without a factory reset?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Is your internal memory full? Have you tried to clear up some free space, like the Files Go app (by Google) or using the built-in File Manager app (if the G5 has one....I can't remember for sure).

Play Music also has an option for "Cache Music While Streaming" which you can turn off and then a cached copy will not be saved in the phone. But it also could lead to some pausing if your data connection is not strong.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, in the GPM app's settings, try the Clear Cache option, and also go to Manage Downloads to see how much of your storage is taken up by downloaded music.

Greg Harmon 13

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Guys. Still not working though.

Plenty of internal memory (~10 GB) & even more on the SD card. Turned "cache music while streaming" off. Cleared the cache for GPM.

Still getting the same error message. Other ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the SD card formatted as Internal Storage or Portable Storage?

Have you also tried going to Settings>Apps, selecting GPM, then clearing its app cache and data there?