Google Voice and EVO 4G Integration

packpackpack

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Very frustrating. I have a 22 percent discount using my employer so they consider my line to be a "corporate account", no Google Voice for me. That seems silly...

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Very frustrating. I have a 22 percent discount using my employer so they consider my line to be a "corporate account", no Google Voice for me. That seems silly...

Must depend on the account. I have a 23% discount because of my employer and I was able to do the integration without a problem.

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
for those that are reluctant to integrating the two, mms like others have said still goes through to the stock mms app. if you set up txts to forward to your cell phone then mms and sms will come through to the stock app.

I integrated mine and have been using ChompSMS, the drawback is though, as of now, in order to not get 2 notifications every time i get a txt message I had to turn off notifications for google voice. Not a big deal, as I just have google voice send me a txt to inform me when I get voicemail instead now.

OptimusMatrix

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The other terrible thing is if you've been using Google voice for a while already be prepared to click literally hundreds of times to empty your trashcan. There is no delete all button.

todivefor

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I have two questions:

What is the impact on visual voice mail? Does it still work?

Can you switch back if you don't like it?

I have had a google voice number for sometime, but never used it.

rdean

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Must depend on the account. I have a 23% discount because of my employer and I was able to do the integration without a problem.

I suspect yours is just a "glitch". I also have a discount but am unable to integrate. After getting escalated, I was told by Sprint support that this is known problem and the will fix it.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I did the Google voice thing for my phone and now incoming text messages don't come to my phone anymore, they go to google. how can I change it?????

lisadarm

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I did the Google voice thing for my phone and now incoming text messages don't come to my phone anymore, they go to google. how can I change it?????
You will have to download the Google voice app from the market. The app will enable you to receive and send text messages through your phone as well as have access to your inbox.

OptimusMatrix

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You will have to download the Google voice app from the market. The app will enable you to receive and send text messages through your phone as well as have access to your inbox.

This is wrong. Go to your settings in google voice > phones > my phone > edit > check box that says receive text messages on this phone.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Can I just use Google Voice for my voicemail and not interfere with my text messaging?

I didn't install the GV app - this allows me to get the (terrible) transcription via texts, but it doesn't interfere with anything else. I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Pretty lame that the google voice integration doesn't work with public sector discounts. I have a 24% discount with my credit union and they consider it a government sector account. GV isn't worth giving up 24% discount but i still want it :(

you can't get discounts on the simply everything plan at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4