Google wallet error

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
it was down the past 2 days for me. But this morning my balance came back up. And about 30 minutes ago I used GW at jack in the box no problems. Although the cashier gave me a strange look, like I had hacked the system with my phone hehe.. Ahh technology

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you add money to the prepaid card? Please excuse me for being dumb, but I can't get it to even start yet, I'm just curious how It's done?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am stuck on initializing you're device screen. I wonder if rooting my phone to night messed it up. I cleared it like It said in the instructions and it is still a no go.

b1time

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
How do you add money to the prepaid card? Please excuse me for being dumb, but I can't get it to even start yet, I'm just curious how It's done?

You have to option to add any denomination u desire and then you use a credit card or debit card and pretty much buy what you want to add. So in my bank statement I see a $50 purchase to MONEY NETWORK-GOOGLE WAL, and in the prepaid card in Wallet I have the $50 available to use.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Not you, definitely Google Wallet.. Was told they are working on it and no ETA.. seems to happen with every new GW enabled phone (after searching the web). Their servers must get overloaded
I am stuck on initializing you're device screen. I wonder if rooting my phone to night messed it up. I cleared it like It said in the instructions and it is still a no go.

Reactions: cert15z

b1time

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Not you, definitely Google Wallet.. Was told they are working on it and no ETA.. seems to happen with every new GW enabled phone (after searching the web). Their servers must get overloaded

I just hope this gets fixed soon because I loaded my pre paid card with a weeks worth of lunch.... Two days already of extra money spent because of this:thumbdown:

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I had $10 on the Google card on my phone, then I swapped my phone and now it won't add "Google Prepaid Card"

Says

"Error adding Card
Try again later"

Interesting thing is when I rebooted the phone it asked me to "Accept" the Google Wallet Agreement again.. but got stuck on the error again. Looks like some issues still...

b1time

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just tried Google wallet on my old nexus s 4g and boom it worked just fine... however it did not reflect my current balance but under transactions it showed when I added money to the card on sunday... this is weird I just do not understand why it does not work in the EVO

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Accordingto tech support it's only the EVO 4GLTE that's Bern affected.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
They just pushed out an update. Not sure what it fixes but I'll give it a shot again. My only attempt failed so far. Kind of weird feeling waving your phone over the payment device and nothing happening and people looking at you trying to figure out why you're doing that. Easier to explain if it would have worked.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
They just pushed out an update. Not sure what it fixes but I'll give it a shot again. My only attempt failed so far. Kind of weird feeling waving your phone over the payment device and nothing happening and people looking at you trying to figure out why you're doing that. Easier to explain if it would have worked.

Wave your phone over the payment device while looking at the cashier and say "These arent the droids your looking for" several times.

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I think I'm on the same boat.. was about to make a new thread about this but mine says

"Error adding card
Try again later."

I just got my phone yesterday, updated google wallet, everything initalized and I 'accepted' all the stuff.. it just won't give me my google prepaid $10 :(

Anyone else having this issue still?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
FWIW Now with the new version I get to the Terms of Service Agreement. When I select "I agree" it just sits there saying Activating account.......