Gorilla Glass 4. Scratches on Note 5.

vdrivn8o8

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Has anybody gotten their note 5 screen scratched yet. I had put my phone in my pocket not knowing it was the same pocket as my car keys. I was walking around the mall and went to pull my phone out and saw a HUGE line of mini scratches. I was soo mad and sick at the same time! Like the ***** that I am, I hadn't purchased a screen protector because I put all my trust in Gorilla Glass thinking it wouldn't scratch, we'll at least not by a set of car keys. It is such an eye sore everytime I go to look at my phone. It's a good thing I have phone insurance and it covers damages to the phone, however I still have to cough up $175 for the deductible. Next time I am definitely buying a screen protector no matter how scratch resistant I think my phone is.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody gotten their note 5 screen scratched yet. I had put my phone in my pocket not knowing it was the same pocket as my car keys. I was walking around the mall and went to pull my phone out and saw a HUGE line of mini scratches. I was soo mad and sick at the same time! Like the ***** that I am, I hadn't purchased a screen protector because I put all my trust in Gorilla Glass thinking it wouldn't scratch, we'll at least not by a set of car keys. It is such an eye sore everytime I go to look at my phone. It's a good thing I have phone insurance and it covers damages to the phone, however I still have to cough up $175 for the deductible. Next time I am definitely buying a screen protector no matter how scratch resistant I think my phone is.

I have what I would say are micro scratches. You can only see them with the screen dark and at certain angles. They are small an there's a few Yes. You can't feel them however because they are not deep like I would consider a real scratch.

I put a protector on shortly after that and thank God I did because there's a small deeper scratch now in the upper corner.

I don't even know if I'd call the original Scratches real ones because they are not really visible unless under those conditions.

But it does suck.

Posted via the Android Central App

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Using a ballistic glass screen protector (I live by the beach and use them on all my devices).
That said, keys are not supposed to be able to scratch GG4.

vdrivn8o8

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I have what I would say are micro scratches. You can only see them with the screen dark and at certain angles. They are small an there's a few Yes. You can't feel them however because they are not deep like I would consider a real scratch.

I put a protector on shortly after that and thank God I did because there's a small deeper scratch now in the upper corner.

I don't even know if I'd call the original Scratches real ones because they are not really visible unless under those conditions.

But it does suck.

Yes it really does suck! I wish these where only micro scratches, but these scratches are deep :( . I can feel the grooves by just running my finger nail across it. And I can see them with the screen on or off. Just ordered tempered glass for now till I can get the screen fixed or replaced.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I put on a tempered glass screen protector to avoid this problem, and at a buck,it isn't a costly investment either.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
While I have a tempered glass screen protector on my Note 5 I also have a key holder that prevents the key's edges from contacting anything in my pocket (Chocolate with Stitching Leather | Orbitkey). This is really a well designed and made key holder that I have found does indeed protect your pocket and pocket contents from keys.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I never use a screen protector and never have any scratches, but my phone doesn't go in my pocket with anything. If I put my phone in my purse, it goes in a case.

Abboudi6

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I have the galaxy a5 2016 and It has gorilla glass 4 in both front and back sides. I thought i wouldnt need case or a screen protector to protect the glass from scraches. I got this phone about a week ago and its really ****ed up. Little scraches everywhere.

angrytentpole

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
It all depends on your habits. Some people are ok with just a case and nothing more.

But those who take gorilla glass 4 as the end-all-be-all should know that no glass is impervious to damage.

I always buy a tempered glass protector because if I'm paying hundreds of dollars on a phone, there is no point in me skimping out on a 7$ glass protector that could potentially save it from a drop on a rough surface.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

john_ath

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I always put my note5 on a sleeve or a pouch case when I go out. Even if I am in my car or put the phone in my jacket.
I have never use a screen protector, not once in my life ! I dislike them.
I have no scratches or anything else in the screen. Not only in my note5 but in all my previous phones (s6edge+, iphones etc..)
The only way to avoid unpleasant situations is to carefully protect screen with such cases.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Don't understand why you'd even consider risking it by not using a tempered glass screen protector!

They're only c£6 here in the UK, so say $10 in the States. I applied mine before I'd even put the SIM's in and started the phone after getting it out of its box!

It's a no-brainer IMO

kiezpirat80

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Gorilla glass 3 is way more scratch resistent than gg4. This is because gg4 is more protective against drops, they had to sacrifice the scratch resistence to reach this. Screen protector is a must for gg4.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wish I had a dime for every time I typed this. Gorilla glass is scratch resistant,, not scratch proof.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers