handbrake videos?

Umshbop22

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
ive ben trying to put some movies on my phone, i have converted them using the instructions from this site and handbrake, however when i try to play them i just get a black screen and the sound DOES work..... also when i go to videos the file has no picture its grey with a exclamation point through it..... any ideas to what i am doing wrong? it is converted to an mp4....... thank you for any help!

curthibbs

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Forget about futzing around with Handbrake settings. I found a great utility (and its free) that will convert just about any video file into the perfect Evo video: "DVD Catalyst Free for HTC Evo". It couldn't be easier to use.There are no options or settings. You just drag and drop the video you want to convert onto it and click the button to start it converting. It works perfectly every time!

You can download it here: http://www.tools4movies.com/free/dcf_evo_install.zip

I've been so impressed that I went ahead and purchased their non-free DVD Catalyst product for other conversion needs. Here is their home page: Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst -- highly recommended!

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
For non 720p videos here are the settings I use:
iPod Legacy
2-Pass encoding
Turbo first pass
Picture settings: Width 640, Keep Aspect Ratio, and Anamorphic Loose if the original had Anamorphic

That's it.

For 720p videos I use the same thing but:
Bitrate 2000-5000. Depends on the bitrate of the original file and the length. I heard the EVO can't play files larger than 2GB but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Pictures Settings: Width 1280

Oh also some 720p videos may be shot at 60 FPS and can't be played. If so I just change it to 30 FPS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967